54 healthy lunch ideas for work- save yourself money and eat healthier by making your own lunch. Get a ton of lunch ideas including cold salads, hot lunches, granola bars, snacks and soups! Simple and healthy lunch recipes.
Are you stuck in a work lunch rut?
Then look no further, because you’re about to find a TON of healthy lunch ideas for work!
I used to find myself completely lost for work lunch ideas when we didn’t have dinner left-overs, and it led to me buying lunch more often than I’d like.
Since initially posting this round-up in 2015, Sweet Peas & Saffron has become completely focussed on prep ahead meals with a strong focus on work lunch ideas.
This round-up has been updated (May 2018) with some new favorite work lunch ideas.
These healthy lunch ideas for work are nutritious, delicious, will travel well, and will last in the fridge until lunch time! Here’s some lunch inspiration!
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Cold Salad Lunch Ideas
All of these salads have a few things in common: healthy, delicious, they have some staying power, and they are portable! Perfect for lunches, although I would probably keep the dressing and avocados separate until just before you eat them 🙂
- 1. Chicken and Rice Salad with Ginger Sesame Dressing
- 2. Kale, Barley & Feta Salad with a Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3. Green Power Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 4. Meal Prep Chopped Chickpea Salad
- 5. Roasted Carrot Falafel Salad with Citrus Tahini Dressing
- 6. Caprese Chicken Salad Meal Prep Bowls
- 7. Pearl Barley Salad with Chickpeas & Lemon
- 8. Healthy Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
- 9. Refreshing Quinoa Black Bean Salad
Hot Lunch Ideas
Cook these lunch recipes ahead and re-heat at lunch! These hot lunches are going to make your lunch feel a bit more of a meal. These recipes are portable, healthy and have a good dose of protein to keep you feeling full.
- 1. Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- 2. Meal Prep Fiesta Chicken Rice Bowls
- 3. Lighter Mongolian Beef Meal Prep
- 4. Honey Sriracha Glazed Meatballs
- 5. Turkey Taco Lunch Bowls
- 6. Creamy Black Bean Taquito Meal Prep
- 7. Honey Sesame Chicken Lunch Bowls
- 8. Spicy Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- 9. Healthier Firecracker Meal Prep Bowls
Granola Bars & Energy Bites
Hands up if you spend too much money on granola bars! Me me me!! I would much prefer to make my own from scratch, and I’m feeling inspired by all of these creative granola bars and energy bites:
- 1. Chewy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 2. Chocolate Tahini Oat Bites
- 3. Pumpkin Trail Mix Granola Bars
- 4. Easy Homemade Protein Bars
- 5. Blueberry-Vanilla Greek Yogurt Granola Bars
- 6. Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Energy Bites
- 7. No Bake Energy Bites
- 8. Homemade Kind Bars
- 9. Apple Quinoa Breakfast Bars
Muffins & Snacks:
Let’s call this the ‘misc’ category! Here’s some healthy and delicious muffins and snacks!
- 1. Skinny Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
- 2. Mini Wonton Quiches
- 3. Corn and Black Bean Baked Falafels
- 4. Healthy Pina Colada Oatmeal Cookies
- 5. 7 Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins
- 6. Peanut Butter & Jam Breakfast Cookies
- 7. Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- 8. Easy Homemade Hummus
- 9. Easy Baked Oatmeal Muffins
Sandwiches & Wraps
Sandwiches and wraps…these seem like they would keep in the fridge until lunch, perhaps leaving the condiments separate until just prior to serving.
- 1. Avocado Caprese Wraps
- 2. Healthy Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 3. Green Goddess Sandwiches
- 4. Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich
- 5. Meal Prep Pesto Chicken Pita Pockets
- 6. Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 7. Smashed White Bean & Spinach Quesadillas
- 8. Freezer Cauliflower Rice Burritos
- 9. Vegan Mediterranean Wraps
Probably my favorite type of lunch 🙂 If you have a good microwave-safe dish with a lid, they aren’t too difficult to transport to work. Heat them up in the microwave, and you have a healthy and delicious warm lunch!
- 1. Thai Curry Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup
- 2. Lemon Chicken Quinoa Soup
- 3. Moroccan Soup with Kale and Chickpeas
- 4. Thai Curry Wild Rice Soup
- 5. Beef Barley Soup
- 6. Anti-Inflammatory Broccoli Turmeric Soup
- 7. Greek Lentil Soup
- 8. Instant Pot Summer Soup
- 9. Instant Pot Chicken Chile Verde Soup
Easy chickpea Buddha Bowls are tasty work lunch idea that is super easy to prepare! Packed full of veggies and lots of protein to keep you full and satisfied.
- 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 19 oz can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 large carrots peeled & chopped
- 1 red onion chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups brussels sprouts outer leaves removed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss the chickpeas, carrots, onion and brussels sprouts in a large bowl with oil; season with salt and pepper and arrange on a baking sheet.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until veggies are soft.
- While veggies/chicken/chickpeas are roasting, shake together the tahini dressing ingredients.
divide the cooked quinoa, and carrots/brussels/onion/chickpeas into four 2 cup storage containers. Drizzle with tahini dressing.
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You may enjoy this cold or re-heated.