This vegetable soup recipe is packed full of healthy veggies and flavor! With carrots, celery, cauliflower, zucchini, tomatoes and kidney beans.
Craving allll the veggies right now, how about you? The best way to add fruit to your diet is through a healthy smoothie recipe, and the best way to add veggies to your diet? A big bowl of vegetable soup!
This vegetable soup recipe is healthy, but filling and satisfying. It’s packed full of veggies including carrots, celery, onions, garlic, cauliflower, zucchini and tomatoes, and is hydrating, too!
Not only that but it’s a total breeze to make. You’re going to love having this in your fridge (or freezer) for easy and healthy lunch options!
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Reasons you’ll love this vegetable soup recipe
- it’s a flexible recipe and you can use almost anything up in your fridge
- it’s fridge and freezer friendly for easy lunch options
- it’s packed with veggies, but still filling and satisfying
How to make it
This soup recipe is really loosey-goosey, and you can really swap out almost any of the ingredients for ones you might need to use up in your fridge!
- sautee onion in some olive oil until soft
- add garlic and cook for 1 minute
- add all remaining ingredients (except for beans)
- simmer for 30 minutes, until carrots are soft
- stir in the beans
Can I freeze it? Absolutely! Soups are one of my favorite things to freeze! You can freeze them in glass jars (leave 1/4 empty for space for expansion, and leave lids ajar until fully frozen), or in these reusable plastic freezer jars. This vegetable soup recipe is good frozen for up to 6 months.
Can I leave out the kidney beans? You absolutely can! You can also swap them for your favorite bean (I feel like black or pinto beans would go well in this soup), or even for shredded chicken.
Can I add greens? Yes. Add them when you add the kidney beans so they don’t overcook.
Other veggies you can add
You can use up almost anything you might have in your fridge including (but not limited to):
- green beans
- corn or peas (fresh or frozen)
- kale or spinach
- potatoes or sweet potatoes
- I used my 4L Paderno pot (similar to this one)
- here’s my favorite chef’s knife that made chopping a breeze (I wish I had bought a good one sooner!)
- looking for more healthy soup recipes? Check out this Healthy Broccoli Cheese Soup, this Leftover Turkey Detox Soup, this Butternut Squash Soup Recipe, and this Beef & Barley Soup, or check out these 36+ Healthy Soup Recipes
Hearty Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 2 celerry ribs (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets (cut into 1 inch or smaller pieces)
- 1 cup zucchini (cut into 1 inch or smaller pieces)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes (including juices)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 15 oz can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the carrots, celery, cauliflower, zucchini, basil, oregano, salt, bay leaf, diced tomatoes and vegetable stock. Stir up, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the carrots and celery are soft.
- Stir in the kidney beans and enjoy! Don't forget to pull out the bay leaf before serving.
- This soup can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.