Stuffed pepper soup with ground turkey, bell peppers, rice and tomatoes! Easy to prepare and healthy but satisfying on a cold day.
Nothing beats a cold February day quite like a bowl of soup, and today I’m sharing my new favorite: stuffed pepper soup!
This soup has all the flavors of a stuffed pepper, but deconstructed and ready with far less effort.
Not only is this recipe healthy, but it’s easy to prepare ahead and store in the fridge or freezer for easy lunches.
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
We love this stuffed pepper soup because
- it’s ready in under 45 minutes
- you can store it in the fridge or freezer so it’s a great meal prep option
- it is healthy but still filling!
How to make it
This soup recipe is super easy to prep. I used ground turkey but you can use any ground meat you’d like (or leave it out for a vegetarian option).
- Sautee an onion in olive oil for 5-7 minutes
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Add the ground turkey and cook until no longer pink
- Add all the other ingredients: bell peppers, diced tomatoes, spices and rice
- Cover and cook until veggies are soft and rice is cooked though, approximately 30 minutes
Can I make this soup paleo? Low Carb? Yes, leave out the rice, and use paleo-compliant worcestershire sauce. Vegetarian? Yes, leave out the meat. Gluten-free? Make sure your worcestershire sauce is GF and you are good to go!
Can I freeze it? Yes! I love freezing my soup in 1 quart jars or in these reusable plastic freezer jars.
Can I swap the ground turkey out? Yes, any ground meat will work in here!
Tips & equipment
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6 cups stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 18 oz can diced tomatoes (including juices
- 2 bell peppers (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup rice (basmati pictured)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, and cook for 5-7 minutes, until soft.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the lean ground turkey and cook, breaking it up with a spatula, until no longer pink.
- Add all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer (covered), for 20-25 minutes, or until rice is cooked through and vegetables are soft.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, and enjoy!