These 38 easy lunch meal prep ideas prove that eating healthy can be delicious and is anything but boring! A little prep work on the weekend will set you up to eat healthier, save money, and reduce your stress through the week.
We have really committed ourselves to breakfast and lunch meal prep this year and it makes an absolute world of difference in saving us time in the mornings, reducing our stress, and saving us money. We don’t even consider buying lunches, because we just reach in the fridge and pull out our pre-made lunches and we are good to go!
Not only that, but Ben and I make much healthier food choices thanks to meal prep. Meal prep can seem intimidating at first, but once you get started, you can see how easy it really is, and all it takes is 30 min-1 hour on the weekend (and it’s kind of fun!)
Tips for getting started with meal prep
- Start small. You know those people who prep 30 freezer meals in one day? You don’t have to do that to feel the benefits of meal prep. Start with one meal that pains you- breakfast (check out this round-up which has 28 Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas!), lunch, or snacks are a great place to start!
- Schedule it. For the first month, you have to work your meal prep into your routine, so it is smart to schedule off a block of time dedicated to your meal prep. Set a reminder in your phone. At first you might feel like it’s a chore, but I’m betting once you get going, and you see how AWESOME it is to not have to worry about your meals during the week, you’ll look forward to it!
- Find a core set of recipes you can depend on. Over time, you can find a set of recipes you love and that you know work. You may even have them memorized! This makes the meal prep routine so. easy.
Now, let’s check out these lunch meal prep ideas and get inspired:
1. Easy lunch bowl meal prep ideas:
25. Mason Jar Burrito Bowls from Gimme Delicious // 26. Mexican Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Meal Prep Bowls from Sweet Peas & Saffron
2. Easy soup lunch meal prep ideas:
31. Caribbean Sweet Potato Soup from Sweet Peas & Saffron
32. 30 Minute Garden Veggie Barley Soup from Stacey Homemaker
33. Thai Butternut Squash Soup (Vegan) from Sweet Peas & Saffron
3. Easy wrap lunch meal prep ideas:
34. Thai Turkey Meal Prep Lettuce Wraps from Sweet Peas & Saffron
35. Smashed White Bean & Spinach Quesadillas from Sweet Peas & Saffron
36. Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wraps from Eat Yourself Skinny
37. Chickpea Shawarma Stuffed Pitas from Naturally Ella (keep pita + filling separate until just before serving)
38. Pesto Chicken Pita Pockets from Sweet Peas & Saffron
These Easy Lunch Meal Prep Ideas go hand in hand with these 28 Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas and these 17 Healthy Dinner Meal Prep Ideas. Today we’re talking lunches…tons and tons of great lunch meal prep ideas that you can make on the weekend!