Falafel salad bowls are made with crispy baked falafels, fresh veggies, and a drizzle of creamy tahini maple dressing. A nutrient-dense vegan meal prep recipe!
With our favorite homemade baked falafel recipe and a drizzle of creamy tahini maple dressing, these falafel salad bowls are healthy, filling, and full of protein to keep you fuelled all afternoon long!
These falafel salad bowls are a delicious meatless meal prep recipe for either lunch or dinner! Packed with nutritious veggies, plant-based protein, and drizzled with a creamy maple tahini dressing - vegan meal prep does not get any better than this!
Best of all, this recipe is so quick to throw together once you've prepped the falafels and keeps really well foe meal prep!
reasons you'll love this recipe
- they are vegan, but satiating and hearty thanks to the plant based protein from the chickpeas
- they work well for meal prep lunch or dinners
- you can swap out the ingredients for what you have in the fridge
- falafel - make a batch of our crispy baked falafel recipe or these crispy air fryer falafel
- maple tahini dressing - which includes tahini, maple syrup, lemon juice, water, salt, and pepper. Get the full recipe here!
- veggies - we used red onion, arugula (or spinach), rashes, cucumber, and carrots! Feel free to swap your favorite veggies or add-in - avocados would also be a great addition!
step by step directions
Prepare and cook the falafels. Note that falafels require an overnight soak of chickpeas before preparing.
Get the recipe for crispy baked falafels here!
Shake together all ingredients. Start with 2 tablespoons water and add more as needed to thin out.
Get the recipe for creamy maple tahini dressing here!
Toss together all ingredients including the arugula, red onion, radishes, carrots, and cucumber. Add the falafel, and drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately!
Yes - when the components are stored separately! The falafel can be prepped up to 4 days in advance and can be frozen as well.
We serve the falafel cold with this salad, but you could absolutely reheat them if you prefer them to be crispy & hot.
storage + meal prep
For these falafel salad bowls, we recommend storing in a three-compartment meal prep container is great, because you want to keep certain ingredients separate until just before you serve them:
- keep the falafels away from the dressing and veggies
- keep the veggies undressed
- store in the fridge for up to 4 days
- toss everything up just before serving.
Tip - These condiment containers are also really handy for storing the dressing!
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- 4 cups arugula or spinach
- 6 radishes finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups cucumber sliced into rounds
- 1 cup carrot shredded
- pita bread optional; do not cut until just before serving
- green onion optional; best added fresh
- Prepare falafel - Prepare and cook the falafels. Note that falafels require an overnight soak of chickpeas before preparing. Follow our recipe for crispy baked falafel here.
- Dressing - Shake together all ingredients. Start with 2 tablespoons water and add more as needed to thin out. Follow our recipe for creamy maple tahini dressing here.
- Assemble - Toss together all ingredients including the arugula, red onion, radishes, carrots, and cucumber. Add the falafel, and drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately!
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.