Falafel salad bowls are made with crispy baked falafels, tons of fresh veggies, and a drizzle of creamy tahini maple dressing. A delicious vegetarian meal prep recipe!
Meatless lunches are a great way to include more vegetarian recipes into your life, and these falafel salad bowls are so tasty, you won't be missing the meat at all!
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Reasons you'll love these falafel salad bowls
- they are vegetarian, but so filling
- they can work for meal prep
- you can swap out the ingredients for what you have in the fridge
How to make them
There are three components to this recipe. The falafels are the most effort, but they are still really easy!
- bake the falafels- you will need to soak dried chickpeas overnight. Find the full directions here.
- shake up the sauce- just four ingredients and 5 minutes to do this step! Find the full directions here.
- cut up the veggies- I used arugula, carrots, radish, cucumbers and red onion, but other veggies work too!
How to store for meal prep
For this recipe, a three compartment meal prep container is great, because you want to keep certain ingredients separate until just before you serve them:
- keep the falafels away from anything wet
- keep the veggies undressed
I recommend these 3 compartment meal prep containers and these handy condiment containers, but make do with what you have 😉
Tips & equipment
- I blended up my falafels in my favorite food processor
- I use these 3 compartment meal prep containers and these condiment containers
- looking for more vegetarian meal prep recipes? Check out these Easy Buddha Bowls, these Vegan Sushi Bowls and this Spicy Tofu Noodle Bowls...or this round-up with Vegetarian Meal Prep Recipes!
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- 4 cups arugula or spinach
- 6 radishes finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups cucumber sliced into rounds
- 1 cup carrot shredded
- pita bread optional; do not cut until just before serving
- green onion optional; best added fresh
- Prepare falafel - Prepare and cook the falafels. Note that falafels require an overnight soak of chickpeas before preparing. Follow our recipe for crispy baked falafel here.
- Dressing - Shake together all ingredients. Start with 2 tablespoons water and add more as needed to thin out. Follow our recipe for creamy maple tahini dressing here.
- Assemble - Toss together all ingredients including the arugula, red onion, radishes, carrots, and cucumber. Add the falafel, and drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately!
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.