Greek chicken meal prep bowls with seasoned chicken, greek salad, tzatziki and optional pita bread. A delicious lunch with low carb option.
Can you really beat the flavors of Greece? It has been on my bucket list for so long, but having young kids means we will put that long flight (and huge time change) off for a few more years. So instead we're bringing the flavors of Greece to our lunch this week!
These greek chicken lunch bowls have a whole lot of flavor going on and that's a really good thing.
Not only are they delicious, but simple to prep, too!
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
These Greek chicken meal prep bowls are
- gluten-free and low carb if you omit the pita
- full of amazing flavor
- simple to prep!
How to make them
For this recipe, we borrowed the seasoning from the Low Carb Cheesy Chicken & Rice recipe, and use my favorite Super Speedy Tzatziki Sauce.
- Mix up the tzatziki sauce
- Chop up your tomatoes, cucumber, onions and peppers, crumble up some feta cheese
- Stir together the chicken seasoning, toss chicken in the spices, then cook up for 7 or so minutes
- Assemble your bowls!
Can I swap out the tzatziki? Absolutely, you can use my Classic Greek Salad Dressing instead (keep it separate from the salad in condiment containers until just before you serve).
Can I make this low carb? Yes, leave out the pita and you are set!
Don't the cucumbers get mushy? I find that scooping the seeds out makes them last a lot longer. They will be slightly dry by day 4 but still crunchy.
Tips & equipment
- here are my favorite meal prep containers
- keep the tzatziki from drying out by storing it in one of these silicone baking cups
- Looking for more Greek recipes? Check out these Greek Chicken Wraps, these No Cook Greek Chicken Bentos and this Healthy Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
Did you make this? Tag me on social @sweetpeasandsaffron and be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe!
Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup tzatziki
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ long english cucumber (chopped and seeds scooped out)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- ¼ cup red onion (sliced)
- ½ cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- olives (optional)
- pita bread (optional)
- Toss chicken breast cubes in olive oil, add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 7 or so minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. Set aside to cool.
- Divide all ingredients between four 2-cup capacity storage containers. You may want to keep the tzatziki separate in a silicone baking cup to keep it from drying out.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Toss everything up in the tzatziki to serve.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Leave a Comment