Super speedy tzatziki sauce- with six ingredients that you can prep in 15 minutes. Perfect for dipping pita bread or vegetable sticks, or serve it as a salad dressing!
Tzatziki sauce is one of those things I can just never get enough of...I will eat it until my stomach hurts or the bowl is empty, whichever comes first.
Today I'm sharing my super speedy tzatziki sauce recipe. There are just six ingredients, it's gluten-free, and so ridiculously easy to throw together.
It also keeps well for meal prep!
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Reasons we love this tzatziki sauce
- you need 6 simple ingredients
- it takes 15 minutes to prep
- it keeps well for meal prep
How to make it
1. The first step is to shred one long english cucumber. Spread it out on a paper towel and sprinkle with a bit of salt (this helps draw the moisture out of the cucumber.
Let the shredded cucumber sit for 10 minutes, then press with a few extra paper towels, until you get as much liquid as possible out of those cucs.
2. Next, stir the cucumbers into a large bowl with Greek yogurt, garlic powder, salt, lemon juice and dill.
Do I have to use Greek yogurt? Nope, you can use any plain yogurt you'd like. The Greek yogurt makes it nice and thick, but it does have a tangy yogurt aftertaste. For a more subtle yogurt flavor, use plain balkan-style yogurt.
How long does tzatziki sauce keep for? We enjoyed ours up to 4 days in the fridge.
What should I serve it? I loved mine with pita bread (grilled on my george foreman (similar to this one) to get it nice and soft). It's also great on Greek salad, as a condiment on pita bread, on burgers or sandwiches, and so much more. Stay tuned for a meal prep recipe to use it in!
Tips & equipment
- all you really need is a Box Grater and a large bowl to mix up your tzatziki
- I stored my tzatziki sauce leftovers in a glass meal prep containers from this set
- looking for more easy sauce recipes? Check out this Healthier Caesar Dressing, this Healthy Homemade Ranch and these 7 Amazing Hummus Recipes
Super Speedy Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 long english cucumber
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt (or plain yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- Shred cucumber on a box grater and spread out on a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and let it sit for 10 minutes. Press with extra paper towels until most of the moisture has been removed.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, garlic powder, salt, lemon juice and dill.
- Enjoy with pita bread, on sandwiches, or as a salad dressing.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.