This healthy homemade ranch dressing is made from scratch so you know exactly what's going into it! Sharing two healthier options: one made with yogurt and another buttermilk-based recipe.
Ranch dressing is one of my guilty pleasures, but with this healthy homemade recipe, there is no guilt required!
This homemade ranch dressing is made from scratch with wholesome 'clean' ingredients, and the best part is it only takes a few minutes to whip up a batch!
Not only that but this dressing keeps in the fridge for a week.
We love this homemade ranch dressing because
- it has wholesome, clean eating ingredients
- it comes together in minutes
- and it keeps in the fridge for a week!
How to make it
To make this dressing at home, you are first going to need to make a batch of my Homemade Ranch Seasoning (which has just 6 ingredients).
- Stir together the ranch seasoning ingredients
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of ranch seasoning with yogurt, mayonnaise, buttermilk and a teaspoon of lemon juice
Can I make this recipe without the buttermilk? Yes, or you can make your own buttermilk using regular milk and lemon juice! Find my directions here. If you'd like, you can swap for regular milk.
Can I make it vegan? I bet you could, however I haven't tried. I would try with almond milk, coconut yogurt and vegan mayo.
Can I freeze it? Unfortunately dairy does not freeze well, so I don't recommend freezing. It keeps in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Use your dressing
I have a ton of ideas for you!
- as a dip for chicken wings
- make Ranch Chicken Jar Salads for a delicious meal prep lunch option (coming soon!)
- use it on wraps, in pitas, or on a sandwich
- serve it on burgers, or as a dip for sweet potato fries
Tips & equipment
- 1 tablespoon homemade ranch seasoning
- ¼ cup avocado mayonnaise (regular mayo can be subbed)
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Stir together all ingredients. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to a week.
- use 2 teaspoons ranch seasoning in 1 cup plain yogurt
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.