This healthy homemade ranch dressing is made from scratch so you know exactly what’s going into it! Sharing two healthier ranch options: a healthier buttermilk ranch dressing and a healthy yogurt ranch dressing.
Ranch dressing is one of my guilty pleasures, but with this healthy homemade ranch dressing, there is no guilt required!
This homemade ranch dressing is made from scratch with wholesome ‘clean’ ingredients, and the best part is it only takes a few minutes to whip up a batch!
Not only that but this ranch dressing recipe keeps in the fridge for a week.
We love this homemade ranch dressing because
- it has wholesome, clean eating ingredients
- it comes together in minutes
- and it keeps in the fridge for a week!
How to make ranch dressing
To make this ranch dressing at home, you are first going to need to make a batch of my Homemade Ranch Seasoning (which has just 6 ingredients).
Here’s how to make ranch dressing:
- Stir together the ranch seasoning ingredients
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of ranch seasoning with yogurt, mayonnaise, buttermilk and a teaspoon of lemon juice
So simple, and this ranch dressing recipe stores in the fridge for up to 1 week!
Can I make this ranch dressing recipe without the buttermilk? Yes, or you can make your own buttermilk using regular milk and lemon juice! Find my directions here. If you’d like, you can swap for regular milk.
Can I make this ranch dressing vegan? I bet you could, however I haven’t tried. I would try with almond milk, coconut yogurt and vegan mayo.
Can I freeze this homemade ranch dressing? Unfortunately dairy does not freeze well, so you can’t freeze this ranch dressing. It keeps in the fridge for up to 1 week.
What are some ways I can use this ranch dressing recipe?
I have a ton of ideas for you!
- as a dip for chicken wings
- make Ranch Chicken Jar Salads for a delicious meal prep lunch option (coming soon!)
- use it on wraps, in pitas, or on a sandwich
- serve it on burgers, or as a dip for sweet potato fries
Tips & equipment for homemade ranch dressing
Healthy Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Stir together all ingredients. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to a week.
- use 2 teaspoons ranch seasoning in 1 cup plain yogurt