This homemade ranch seasoning is made with pantry staples and can be mixed together in 5 minutes flat! This recipe makes a delicious (healthier) ranch dressing and is great on meat and veggies as well.
Homemade seasoning blends such as our easy Greek seasoning blend or this homemade ranch seasoning are one the best ways to avoid unhealthy additives found in store-bought seasonings.
If you love ranch but not the crazy long list of ingredients found in a seasoning packet, you are in the right place. This homemade ranch seasoning has just 6 simple ingredients, keeps for up to a year, and makes a KILLER healthy yogurt ranch dip.
With store-bought ranch containing ingredients such as MSG, "artificial flavor", and more - you're better off to make your own homemade ranch seasoning with simple, wholesome ingredients. And, you only need six basic ingredients to make your own ranch blend at home!
Reasons You'll Love This Recipe
- the flavor is delicious and classic
- it has just six simple ingredients
- it keeps for up to a year
- you can use it to make dip, dressings and to season meat and vegetables
You need six simple ingredients for this recipe. Many of these spices are already on our pantry staples list!
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
Step By Step Directions
- mix together the spices in a small bowl
- you may wish to crush the dill & parsley with a mortar and pestle to get them to mix in evenly, but I didn't bother
- store in an airtight container for up to a year
Dip & Dressing
- To make ranch yogurt dip: combine 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning with ½ cup plain yogurt
- To make ranch dressing: combine 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning with ¼ cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup buttermilk, ¼ cup plain yogurt and 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Keto - yes, with 1 g carbs per serving, this can fit into the keto diet.
Vegan- while some ranch seasoning recipes contain buttermilk powder, this one does not, making it vegan.
Dip: 1 teaspoon with ½ cup of yogurt works great.
Dressing: 3 teaspoons with ¼ cup mayo, ¼ cup buttermilk, ¼ cup plain yogurt and a squeeze of lemon juice.
You can keep it for up to a year in an air-tight container in your pantry. It's good for a long time!
- Seasoning blend - store this homemade ranch seasoning in an airtight container in your pantry for up to 1 year!
- Dip & dressing - store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley note 1
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Stir together all spices. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 year.
- you can crush the parsley and dill with a mortar to help them mix in better, or leave them as is
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.