Ditch the store-bought stuff and make your own homemade ranch seasoning at home! This ranch seasoning recipe makes a delicious (healthier) ranch dressing and is great on meat and veggies as well.
If you love ranch seasoning but not the crazy long list of ingredients found in a packet, you are in the right place. My homemade ranch seasoning recipe has just 6 simple ingredients, keeps for up to a year, and makes a KILLER healthy yogurt ranch dip.
Ranch seasoning is delicious, there’s no doubt about it…just don’t look at the ingredients list too closely if you care for your health! You will find such ingredients as MSG, “artificial flavor”, which means we don’t actually know what the heck they put in there, and more.
Why bother with that unnatural stuff when you need just six ingredients to make delicious ranch seasoning at home?
We love this ranch seasoning recipe because
- it has just six simple ingredients
- it keeps for up to a year
- you can use it to make dip, dressings and to season meat and vegetables
How to make homemade ranch seasoning
It’s so so simple! You need six simple ingredients for this recipe. Many of these spices are already on my pantry staples list, so I just had to grab some dried dill and parsley and I was all set.
- mix together the spices in a small bowl
- you may wish to crush the dill & parsley with a mortar and pestle to get them to mix in evenly, but I didn’t bother
- store in an airtight container for up to a year
What are some ways I can use this ranch seasoning recipe?
- mix it with buttermilk, mayonnaise, yogurt and fresh lemon juice for a traditional ranch dressing
- mix it with plain yogurt for an equally delicious alternative
- sprinkle it on chicken (use my directions for perfect baked chicken breasts or perfect baked chicken thighs to cook your chicken)
- sprinkle it on veggies
- make Ranch Chicken Jar Salads for a delicious meal prep lunch option (coming soon!)
- sprinkle it on popcorn
Is this ranch seasoning recipe keto? Gluten-free? Vegan? Keto- yes, with 1 g carbs per serving, this can fit into the keto diet. GF- yes! Vegan- while some ranch seasoning recipes contain buttermilk powder, this one does not, making it vegan.
How much of this ranch seasoning recipe do I use in a dip? 1 teaspoon with 1/2 cup of yogurt works great. Dressing? 3 teaspoons with 1/4 cup mayo, 1/4 cup buttermilk, 1/4 cup plain yogurt and a squeeze of lemon juice.
How long does this homemade ranch seasoning recipe last for? I would keep it for up to a year. It’s good for a long time!
Tips & equipment for homemade ranch seasoning
- Need spice jars? these ones look similar to the ones I have, and don’t forget a funnel to get the ranch seasoning into the spice jar!
- This spice drawer organizer is similar to the one that I own
- looking for more seasoning blends? Check out this Easy Greek Seasoning Blend, this Homemade Taco Seasoning and this Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Stir together all spices. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 year.