Air fryer chicken wings are the CRISPIEST wings you can get! Cook a whole batch in your air fryer with four simple ingredients. These are keto, paleo and gluten-free!
You guys have been LOVING this Easy Breaded Air Fryer Chicken Breast recipe, so I thought it was about time I share our favorite new chicken wings recipe with you too!
Why should you cook your chicken wings in the air fryer?
For one thing, you can cook a whole bunch of them all at the same time. We have cooked up to 3 lbs in our Air Fryer and they were crispy and delicious!
For another thing, you absolutely can't beat how crispy the chicken skin gets...it's seriously unlike any grilled or baked chicken wings I've ever eaten.
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Reasons we love these air fryer chicken wings
- they are SO easy to prep (just a few minutes and four ingredients)
- you can cook a pretty big batch at a time (3 lbs; will depend on the size and model of your air fryer)
- that crispy skin!
How to cook them
We have tried this recipe a few different ways, and the best way I've found is keeping it super simple!
- heat your air fryer to 390°F/200°C. Place it near a window or fan because chicken wings let off a lot of grease, and it can start to smoke!
- blot your wings dry with a paper towel
- toss in some olive oil (or avocado oil), salt and pepper
- put the whole batch in your air fryer basket and cook for 25-35 minutes, tossing them up and shaking the basket up every 10 minutes
Can I cook frozen chicken wings? For this recipe it's very important to start with dry wings and to toss them evenly in the oil. I don't think you'd be able to do this with frozen wings, and I also would be worried about food safety.
How can I change up the flavors? We love them served as is with a nice dipping sauce like this Healthy Homemade Ranch. You could also try adding one of these 7 Spice Blends to the chicken wings when you toss them up, however you will want to omit the sugar since it will burn in the air fryer.
How can I tell when my chicken wings are ready? They will turn a nice golden color on all sides. It's important to keep tossing and shaking them as they cook so they get that color on all sides.
Serve them with
- Fruit & Greek Yogurt Dip
- One of these 7 Homemade Hummus Flavors + pita chips
- Enjoy with these Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- Serve with Cauliflower Chickpea Samosas
- Sweet Chili Chicken Quesadillas
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Tips & equipment
- This is the air fryer model I have, but I've heard great things about this XL Air Fryer which is probably better for larger families
- avocado oil is a great choice for the air fryer since it has a high smoke point
- Looking for more air fryer recipes? Check out these Ultra Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas, these Air Fryer Salmon Patties and these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 1 ½ lbs chicken wings & drumettes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or avocado oil *)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat air fryer to 200°C/ 390°F. Place near a window or under a hood fan as chicken wings may produce grease which can smoke.
- Blot chicken wings with paper towel to remove any moisture.
- Toss chicken wings in olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Place all the wings in air fryer basket and cook for 25-35 minutes, shaking and tossing them up every 10 minutes.
- Chicken wings are ready when they are golden brown on all sides and crispy.
- Enjoy immediately! These wings do not keep well.