These Thai Salmon Patties can be prepped ahead and frozen for an easy dinner recipe. Thaw and cook in the frying pan or in an air fryer for crispy salmon patties with a punch of spicy Thai curry flavor!
I’ve had salmon patties on the brain ever since I saw these amazing looking ones from Natasha’s Kitchen!
And like any craving, it won’t go away until you make them for yourself. So I gave in and made them. And YUM.
While Natasha uses a fresh salmon filet, my family has always used canned salmon. I can’t remember ever being a huge fan of them as a kid, but whoa. I’m definitely coming around.
This Thai salmon patties recipe has a TON of flavor thank you to Thai red curry paste, lime zest, and some brown sugar to balance things out. Holy guacamole. These are addictive and SO tasty. You can even make them ahead and freeze!
How to prep them ahead
You can make these salmon patties ahead in one of two ways:
- mix everything up and freeze them for later
- cook everything up and enjoy as a meal prep lunch
If you choose the latter, I recommend packing with a slaw of some kind, some yogurt, and a wedge of lime. YUM. Your co-workers are going to be jealous!
We first cooked these salmon patties in a frying pan, and while they were absolutely delicious, I am always turned off when I need 1/4 cup of oil for frying, and need a splatter guard to keep the stove top clean.
Enter the air fryer. SO perfect for prepping these Thai salmon patties, and all you need is a little spray of oil to keep them from sticking to the basket.
Not to mention they get oh so crispy!
These Thai salmon patties are great served with a squeeze of lime and a dollop of yogurt. They would be great served in a pita with some lime mayo as well!
And they are also great served as a meal prep lunch. Crispy? No. Packed with amazing Thai flavors? Heck yes!
Tips for perfect patties
- My favorite way to make these was in the air fryer! This is the air fryer model I have
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring scoop to get evenly sized patties, pat them into shape with your hands, and work in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan or the air fryer
- Looking for more air fryer recipes? Check out these Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Tots
Thai Salmon Patties
- 14 oz/ 400 g canned salmon drained and bones removed (if desired)
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- zest from 1 lime
- 2 eggs
- spray oil
- Mix together all ingredients until red curry paste is evenly distributed through the fish mixture.
- Form into 1/4 cup patties that are 1 inch thick and 2-3 inches across.
- Heat air fryer to 360°F/ 180°C.
- Spray patties with oil; flip and spray other side.
- Gently place patties into the basket; you may only be able to cook 3 at a time). Cook for 4 minutes, flip, then cook for 4 more minutes.
- Transfer to a clean plate and repeat with remaining patties until they are all cooked.
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive or vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the salmon patties in batches for 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to drain slightly before enjoying.