Meal preparation, otherwise know as meal prep, is the habit of preparing meals or portions of meals ahead of time.
Often meal prep involves spending a block of time on Sunday preparing breakfasts, lunches, snacks or dinners ahead.
Here on Sweet Peas & Saffron, I share new meal prep recipes 5-10 times per month, and share my weekly meal prep routine on Instagram.
If you are new to meal prep, I suggest you join us in our (free) 3 Week Lunch Prep Challenge, where we share free recipes, shopping lists, and video prep tutorials to get you started with meal prep.
Useful meal prep links:
- The Best Meal Prep Containers- a comprehensive review of many different types of meal prep containers, as well as useful tools for meal prep
- Low Carb Meal Prep Recipes- a collection of low carb meal prep recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Carbs are listed.
- Vegetarian Meal Prep Recipes- a collection of vegetarian meal prep recipes for lunch and dinner.
- Vegan Meal Prep Recipes- lots of healthy prep ahead vegan recipes perfect for lunch and dinner prep.
- Chicken Breast Meal Prep Recipes- healthy chicken breast meal prep recipes plus tips on keeping them fresh.
- Freezer Slow Cooker Recipes- lots of healthy slow cooker recipes to stock your freezer.
- Lunch Meal Prep Ideas- this meal prep lunch recipe round-up is updated regularly and includes tips and a video.
- Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas- stock your fridge or freezer with these healthy breakfast prep recipes.
- Dinner Meal Prep Ideas- tips and ideas of how to prep your dinners (or components of dinners) ahead.