The 5 best glass meal prep containers- my top five picks for glass meal prep containers! These are the ones I love and use every week for meal prep!
There are a million glass meal prep containers available online and it can be really challenging to figure out which is the best one for you.
I choose glass meal prep containers instead of plastic for several reasons:
- they are free from chemicals- yes, many plastic containers are BPA free these days, but I’m just waiting for the next chemical to be discovered. Using glass means you don’t have to worry about anything from the containers seeping into your food.
- they re-heat your food more evenly- glass just conducts heat better.
- they keep your food fresher- no smells or tastes absorb into your food the way they can from plastic meal prep containers.
- they are more environmentally friendly- glass meal prep containers last waaaay longer than plastic, and they are more expensive so you are less likely to treat them as ‘disposable’.
I love how durable my glass meal prep containers are…I’ve put mine through the dishwasher, in the freezer, and in the microwave. Some glass meal prep containers are even oven-safe (not the lids), and some can even go directly from the freezer into the oven!
I want to share my top five favorite glass meal prep containers. These each offer something different, and are used in my weekly meal prep routine.
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
1. Snapware 2 cup glass meal prep containers
If you are looking for a basic glass meal prep container, I highly recommend these Snapware 2 cup glass storage containers. I own 15 of them! They are perfect for meal prep lunches, are freezer, fridge, dishwasher and microwave safe. We absolutely love these!
2. Prep Naturals 3 compartment glass meal prep containers
If you’ve been checking out Sweet Peas & Saffron lately, you might have noticed we’re loving the Bento-style lunches lately! Using a Prep Naturals 3 compartment glass storage containers like this one means you can keep your fruit and veggies separate from other ingredients that must be kept dry (like chips, crackers etc). We love these containers, though we do wish the lids were as well constructed as our Snapware glass containers. That being said they’ve been through the dishwasher 10-20 times and they are still working.
3. Snapware 6 cup glass storage containers
If you are looking to store energy bites or chopped veggies, you will need a larger storage container. I highly recommend these Snapware 6 cup glass storage containers!
4. Pint Jar
Yep we are going back to basics with a pint-sized mason jar. You really can’t beat the price point and versatility of these guys. I recommend a wide mouth jar, which we use for everything from making smoothie packs to jar salads to overnight oats and parfaits.
5. 1/2 Pint Jar
Another basic glass jar…these 1/2 Pint Jar are perfect for shaking up sauces and vinaigrettes. We use these a lot!