Air fryer hard boiled eggs are cooked through in 16 minutes, peel easily, and are perfectly cooked each and every time! This is such a simple way to cook them.
I'll admit to being extremely skeptical about cooking hard boiled eggs in the air fryer, but I was won over the first time I tried them! They are just so simple to make, and it has become a go-to recipe in our meal prep routine.
These eggs cook through quickly, and are easy to peel. They are so easy to get into and out of the air fryer, and require very little attention while they cook!
Reasons to ♡ air fryer hard boiled eggs
- they are easy to get into and out of the air fryer
- they cook through quickly
- they are easy to peel and come out perfectly cooked each time!
Watch the video below to see exactly how I prepped these eggs. You can find more of my recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Cooking eggs in the air fryer
- Heat your air fryer to 250°F or 120°C.
- Add your eggs to the air fryer in a single layer.
- Cook for 16 minutes, then remove eggs from the air fryer.
- Place eggs in a water bath for ten minutes.
- Peel the eggs by tapping to crack, then gently rolling. Work from the air bubble at the fat end of the egg and peel your way up.
No water necessary
While water is traditionally used to cook hard boiled eggs on the stove and in the Instant Pot, this recipe does not require any water. The hot air circulating in the air fryer cooks the eggs through evenly with dry heat.
No shaking or turning required
The other great thing about this recipe is that you don't need to turn the eggs halfway through, even if your air fryer basket is packed full.
Cook a few- or many!
I tested this recipe with a single egg and with as many as 10 eggs (as many as I could fit in a single layer) in my basket at a time, and each time, the eggs were perfectly cooked after 16 minutes.
Peeling & storage
- Gently tap the egg on a hard surface to generate a crack.
- Roll the egg until cracked all over.
- Immerse in water, and start by peeling from air bubble at the fatter end of the egg.
- Carefully work your way up to the tip of the egg until fully peeled.
You can store hard boiled eggs in the shell or peeled.
- in the shell- store for up to 1 week in an air tight container in the fridge
- peeled- store for up to 4 days in the fridge
More air fryer recipes
- Perfect Air Fryer Salmon
- Seriously Crispy Air Fryer Gnocchi
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Bacon
- 10 large eggs (see note 1)
- Heat air fryer to 250°F or 120°F.
- Add eggs to the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook for 16 minutes, then carefully scoop the eggs out and place into an ice water bath.
- Leave in the ice bath for 10 minutes, then store for meal prep or peel and enjoy.
- in the shell- store in the fridge for up to 7 days
- peeled- store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.