Healthy breakfast meal prep ideas that will save you money, reduce your stress and help you eat healthier! These meals can be prepared ahead and stored in either the fridge or freezer.
Just like prepping your lunch ahead, meal prepping your breakfast can make your mornings go so much smoother and feel less stressful. Simply reach into the fridge and grab your prepped breakfast!
I find that if I don't make my breakfast ahead of time, I end up eating something boring like peanut butter toast, or full of sugar, like cereal, or worst case: hitting the drive-thru. All of these options leave me tired and hangry by mid-morning, and more likely to grab something unhealthy to keep me going until lunch.
Tips for prepping your breakfast
- Start small. Pick simple breakfast recipes to start with- the overnight oats will take just 10 minutes to prep and are an easy option to fit into your schedule
- Love your freezer. Many breakfast recipes are freezer-friendly: breakfast burritos, breakfast sandwiches, egg muffins and more. Putting in a weekly or monthly prep session will stock you up and set you up for success.
- Get the right containers. The right containers help keep your food fresh, and reheat it evenly. From meal prep containers to mason jars, check out my favorite meal prep containers.
Watch the video below to see my four favorite meal prep lunch recipes in this post. They are the most popular recipes on my site! You can find more of my recipe videos on my YouTube channel, or on Facebook.
Savory breakfast ideas
From vegan to egg-based breakfasts, these savory recipes can be prepped ahead and stored in the fridge or the freezer!
Oatmeal, breakfast cookies and more! These sweet breakfasts keep well in the fridge and are mostly portable so that you can enjoy them on the go.
Waffles & Pancakes
Prepping pancakes and waffles ahead will save you so much time in the morning! Easy to store in the fridge or freezer, they reheat well and taste amazing.
Did you make this? Tag me on social @sweetpeasandsaffron and be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe!
21 Best Meal Prep Breakfast Ideas + Breakfast Egg Cups
- 8 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (cut very small)
- 1 cups shredded cheese (½ cup reserved for sprinkling muffin tops)
- ½ cup all purpose flour (gluten-free or almond flour may be subbed)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a standard sized muffin pan with parchment or silicone liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together any vegetables, eggs, salt and pepper, until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder until completely incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan, filling nearly full. Sprinkle tops with reserved cheese.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes, until muffins are baked through and no longer jiggle.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Leave a Comment