More than 24 clean eating meal prep ideas full of fresh, wholesome ingredients that are easy to prep ahead for healthy lunches and dinners through the week.
I'll admit that the label 'clean eating' had me puzzled for awhile, simply because it seems to have a number of definitions out there.
To me, 'clean eating' means cooking most things from scratch, using fresh vegetables, picking whole grains, and avoiding 'short cut' products that are full of chemicals. When using canned ingredients, we stick to ones made with as few ingredients as possible, and make sure we are getting the best quality product.
This is how we actually eat the majority of the time, although I never labeled it as 'clean eating'.
For the purpose of this round-up of clean eating meal prep ideas, I've stuck to no refined ingredients (flour, sugar, etc), no packaged ingredients with more than 5 ingredients (barbecue sauce etc), and no processed ingredients. I recommend pairing these ingredients with brown rice and whole grain pasta wherever possible.
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Simple ingredient swaps for clean eating:
- mayonnaise for avocado
- packaged granola bars for homemade energy bites
- instant or white rice for brown rice, quinoa or farro
- sugary cereal for steel cut oats or overnight oats
- bottled salad dressing for a simple homemade vinaigrette (like this one)
23. Meal Prep Balsamic Tempeh Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls from Simply Quinoa // 24. Healthy Meal Prep Bowls from Green Healthy Cooking