We eat salmon once a week at our house, and it's about darn time that I shared another recipe...it was the summer when I shared this Lemon Pepper Sheet Pan Salmon!
I'm back with another lemony salmon recipe, but this time, there's sauce involved...a sweet and savory honey lemon sauce with garlic, a bit of sesame oil, and some soy sauce.
And the best part is the sauce thickens right up on the pan, so you don't have to make any extra dishes to thicken the sauce. Hurray for that!
Don't forget to pin this recipe to save it for later!
Today's honey lemon salmon recipe pairs perfectly with Mann's Broccolini.
Mann’s introduced Broccolini to North America 20 years ago (Happy Birthday Broccolini!) with the help of the Sakata Seed Company.
What is broccolini? It's slightly sweeter and more tender than broccoli, and went amazingly well with the honey and lemon flavors in this recipe!
How to prep this recipe
- brush the salmon fillets and toss the broccolini with a bit of olive oil and season with salt & pepper, then bake it up
- while the salmon is baking, prepare the honey lemon sauce
- drizzle the salmon and broccolini with the honey lemon sauce, then return to the oven to broil. Don't forget to rotate the pan half way through the broiling, so it doesn't burn on one side!
- That's it. Your sauce will be thickened (you can take it even farther than I did in the video if you'd like it thicker!), and perfect for drizzling on your salmon and broccolini
We enjoyed our honey lemon salmon and broccolini served over rice, spooning allllll the sauce from the pan over top. It also made a great meal prep lunch!
A great way to mix up my chicken and vegetarian meal prep lunch routine.
*This post was sponsored by Mann's and I was compensated monetarily for my time.
Tips for making sheet pan salmon
- I was inspired to create this recipe after seeing Kelly from Life Made Sweeter's Cashew Chicken Sheet Pan! Doesn't it look AMAZING!?
- make sure to use a large, good quality sheet pan (I use these sheet pans!)
- swap the sauce out for the honey sesame sauce used in these Honey Sesame Chicken Lunch Bowls or one of the stir fry sauces from this post
- looking for more salmon recipes? Check out this Chili Rubbed Salmon with Avocado Salsa, and these Sweet Chili Salmon Broccoli Quinoa Bowls
- 4 5 oz salmon filets
- 12 oz broccolini (2 packages of Mann's broccolini)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
Honey Lemon Sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I prefer reduced sodium)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- sesame seeds
- green onions
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Arrange salmon and broccolini on a sheet pan. Brush the salmon with olive oil, and toss the broccolini to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, shake up the sauce ingredients until no clumps remain.
- Drizzle the salmon and broccolini with the sauce, return to the oven and set to broil.
- Broil for 2-5 minutes...rotate half way. Keep an eye on it as all broilers are different and you don't want to burn it!
- When sauce has thickened, remove from oven and drizzle over salmon and broccolini.
- Serve over rice with sesame seeds and green onion.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.