These time saving healthy breakfast recipes will make early mornings so much easier! Prep them ahead and you are set for the week.
Just like our time saving healthy lunch ideas for work, these time saving healthy breakfast recipes can make weekday mornings go so much smoother and feel less stressful.
Is breakfast the last thing on your mind when you're scrambling to get out the door in the morning? Do you skip breakfast, then devour a giant sugary muffin later in the morning? This was me. Finding meal prep was a game-changer in my morning routine.
Whether you spend an hour stocking the freezer with breakfast burritos, or ten minutes making a batch of overnight oats, you are not going to regret it!
reasons you'll love these recipes
- there's something for everyone - whether you're craving something sweet, or something savory!
- they are easy, meal prep friendly, and filled with wholesome ingredients
- whether you're meal prepping for 1, or serving a crowd - these time saving healthy breakfast recipes include options that everyone will enjoy
Tips for prepping your breakfast
- Start small. Pick simple breakfast recipes to start with- overnight oats will take just 10 minutes to prep and are an easy option to fit into your schedule
- Love your freezer. Many of these time saving healthy breakfast recipes are freezer-friendly: breakfast burritos, breakfast sandwiches, egg muffins and more. Putting in a weekly or monthly prep session will stock you up and set you up for success.
- Get the right containers. The right containers help keep your food fresh, and reheat it evenly. From meal prep containers to mason jars, check out my favorite meal prep containers.
Frozen Smoothie Packs
It might seem silly, but assembling your smoothie ingredients ahead as frozen smoothie packs means that all you need to do in the morning is to shake them all out into the blender, add your liquid and blend away.
Big Batch Oatmeal
Steel cut oats can be made in a big batch, then portion it out to re-heat on weekday mornings! Here are seven healthy steel cut oats recipes. We make a double batch in our Instant Pot and it lasts for 3-4 days.
If you prefer a savory breakfast, consider making a batch of healthy breakfast egg muffins for easy breakfasts on the go. You could also go the way of a frittata (like this herb zucchini & kale egg bake), which can be portioned out and reheated.
Looking for something customizable? Parfaits are ideal because you can go wild and customize them based on your tastes! They are so easy to grab on your way out the door. Berry quinoa yogurt parfaits are delicious, and you could add some protein powder for an even bigger boost of protein. Swap out the fruit, add some granola, nuts, or seeds...there are a million ways you can change these up.
If you need a grab and go breakfast, baked oatmeal is your friend! Check out these 7 easy baked oatmeal muffins. Best of all they are so quick to prep - you can mix them up before the oven has even pre-heated!
Savory Breakfast Bowls
Meal prep bowls are not just for lunches! Cook them ahead and re-heat in the morning! Here are some more savoury breakfast bowl ideas:
- Tofu scramble with breakfast sweet potatoes
- Make ahead healthy sausage breakfast bowls
- Sweet potato breakfast meal prep bowls
- Meal prep veggie & egg breakfast tacos
Overnight oats are such a great time-saving healthy breakfast recipe because they come together in under 10 minutes! Easy to customize and grab on your way out the door. Check out my favorite fruit on the bottom overnight oats, and if steel cut oats are your jam, check out these overnight steel cut oats. You may also like this chocolate chia pudding!
If you are cooking for a crowd, but want to save time in the morning, check out these healthy breakfast casserole recipes! All the prep work is done in the evening before, then you can pop them in the oven the next morning for easy breakfasts. You can also bake these up on the weekend and re-heat for easy breakfasts on weekdays.
Here are a couple of time-saving overnight breakfast casseroles:
- Blueberry overnight french toast bake
- Instant Pot breakfast casserole
- Crockpot breakfast casserole
- Crockpot french toast casserole
Breakfast burritos are one of our favorite time-saving healthy breakfast recipes because they are freezer-friendly, packed full of protein, and easy to sneak some veggies in!
Here are some more breakfast burrito recipes:
- Healthy breakfast burritos with kale, mushrooms and feta
- Southwestern sweet potato breakfast burritos
- Healthy breakfast burritos with zucchini and lentils
Skip the drive thru and the HUGE amounts of sodium with your own homemade breakfast sandwiches...these are so easy to prep ahead and freeze!
Here are more freezer breakfast sandwiches:
- Spinach feta breakfast sandwiches
- Herbed cauliflower breakfast sandwiches
- Mushroom bacon freezer breakfast sandwiches
- Copycat starbucks egg white breakfast sandwiches
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- salt & pepper
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 slices ham
- 4 english muffins
- Prepare- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray a 8 x 8 inch baking dish with spray oil and set aside.
- Mix- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. Fold in the spinach, broccoli, salt and feta. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through (center should not jiggle).
- Cool- Allow to cool completely, then cut into 4 circles (using a glass or measuring cup) or into 4 squares.
- Assemble- Assemble the sandwiches: one serving of egg with a slice of cheese and ham between the english muffin.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.