Copycat Starbucks Egg White Breakfast Sandwich has egg whites, turkey bacon and white cheddar sandwiched between an english muffin. Stock up the freezer for easy breakfasts!
It’s no secret that we love breakfast sandwiches around these parts.
There’s the OG Healthy Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches, the Mushroom Bacon Breakfast Sandwiches and the Cauliflower Herb Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches…and oh look! Now we have the Copycat Starbucks Egg White Breakfast Sandwiches.
It’s a good time to be alive!
We all know how Starbucks can tend to rake up a big bill pretty quickly, so I’ve been working on perfecting a few of their recipes at home.
I have a weakness for Starbucks breakfast sandwiches and the Starbucks egg white breakfast sandwiches are a personal fave…so delicious with egg whites, turkey bacon and white cheddar…simple and perfect. And SO easy to recreate at home!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save it for later!
Why make your own breakfast sandwiches?
Making your own breakfast sandwiches at home is so much cheaper, surprisingly easy, and makes it easier for you to control the ingredients.
Think of these Copycat Starbucks Egg White Breakfast Sandwiches as a starting point and make swaps that suit your diet/lifestyle.
- On a low sodium diet? Omit the salt, pick low sodium bacon and cheese.
- Low carb? Swap the English muffin for a Low Carb English Muffin.
- Want to add some veggies? Add some fresh or frozen chopped spinach to the egg whites.
How to make these freezer breakfast sandwiches ahead
To make these Copycat Starbucks Egg White Breakfast Sandwiches, you will bake the egg whites in a 8 x 8 inch baking dish. While the eggs are baking, cook up the turkey bacon.
Then, it’s so simple to assemble them: 1 english muffin + 1/4 batch of egg whites, 1 slice of white cheddar and 1 slice of turkey bacon. Assemble the cooled ingredients, then portion out.
- For fridge storage- I simply put them all in one big glass storage container. They are good for 3 or so days.
- For freezer storage- I use ziplock sandwich bags. I just have not found a viable plastic-free storage solution for freezer breakfast sandwiches at the moment. Place the small bags inside a larger bag for long term storage (1-2 months).
What about re-heating? I thaw my Copycat Starbucks Egg White Breakfast Sandwiches overnight, then put in the microwave for 30 seconds. Next, I cook on my old school George Foreman indoor grill for 2-3 minutes. I highly recommend a sandwich press, indoor grill or frying pan to get a nice crispy texture on these.
How long can you store these? 3-4 days in the fridge, 2 months + in the freezer (if you double bag them!)
Tips for the perfect Copycat Starbucks Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
- make sure all your ingredients are cooled to room temperature before assembling the sandwiches (otherwise they may get soggy!)
- use a carton of egg whites to save time. You can also use whole eggs for this recipe!
- I use these gallon freezer bags to hold the plastic-wrapped sandwiches. You can re-use it many times since it doesn’t get dirty ?
- I like re-heating my freezer breakfast sandwiches on my ancient George Foreman grill (here’s the newer model); you could also use a frying pan or sandwich press. This helps get a little extra texture in the english muffins, but is not essential.
- Looking for more freezer breakfast sandwiches? Check out these Healthy Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches (which are spinach & feta flavored) these Mushroom Bacon Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches, and these Cauliflower Herb Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
Copycat Starbucks Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
- 14 egg whites (or one 500g package)
- salt & pepper
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese
- 4 english muffins
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9x9 inch baking pan with oil and set aside.
- Pour egg whites into the baking pan and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until eggs are cooked through.
- While eggs are baking, cook the turkey bacon.
- When eggs are baked through completely, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Remove from the pan gently with a spatula and cut into four squares.
- Assemble breakfast sandwiches: one english muffin, topped with an egg white square, slice of cheese and turkey bacon (cut in half).
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container or plastic wrap for 3-4 days. Sandwiches may be frozen for longer term storage.
- Re-heat in the microwave for 30 second increments or on a sandwich press for a few minutes until crispy and melty.