Mushroom bacon frozen breakfast sandwiches make breakfast on the go an absolute breeze! Easy to prep and a healthier alternative to the drive-thru.
I hope I don’t jinx us, but WOW. Our house sold in under two days! I thought we had a good chance of it selling but this exceeded our expectations.
Now it feels like we can finally relax a bit…not keep the faucets sparkling and the fridge fingerprint-free. And some of Kai’s toys can come back in the house (poor kid had NO toys for awhile!).
Not to mention all those thoughts of getting the house on the market…which were at the front of our thoughts for the last three months.
I meant to post these mushroom bacon frozen breakfast sandwiches last Thursday, but house preparations got in the way…so I’m happily sharing with you today!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save it for later!
I’m just a tiny bit obsessed with these mushroom bacon freezer breakfast sandwiches! Ever since the second trimester kicked in, my appetite has returned and it seems to be making up for all that morning sickness. I am HUN-GRAY!
I love breakfast sandwiches (check out these Spinach & Feta Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches from the fall) because they are so protein-packed that they actually fill you up. I thought it was time to come up with another flavor, and here we are.
Why make your own frozen breakfast sandwiches?
- you can squeeze some veggies into your frozen breakfast sandwich (and you’ll barely notice)
- you know exactly what you’re putting in them
- they are surprisingly easy to cook and assemble
- if you skip the drive thru you are less likely to indulge in unhealthy extras (hash browns, I’m looking at YOU)
This batch only makes 4 but I recommend doubling it up and making at least 8 of these sandwiches, because they won’t last long!
See how we prepped our mushroom bacon frozen breakfast sandwiches:
Tips for perfect frozen breakfast sandwiches:
- swap these mushroom bacon frozen breakfast sandwiches for this spinach & feta version or this cauliflower herb version
- I cut my eggs into circles for these photos (because they look prettier) but we normally do squares so there are no scraps
- store your assembled breakfast sandwiches in zippered sandwich bags and a larger freezer bag for long term storage
- to reheat: microwave on a paper towel in 30 second increments. I recommend a George Foreman grill or some other sandwich press to get nice crispy breakfast sandwiches
- find more meal prep breakfast ideas in this round up of 28 Healthy Meal Prep Breakfast Ideas
Mushroom Bacon Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- 4 slices of turkey bacon cooked and cooled, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 english muffins
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 8x8 inch baking dish with spray oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. Fold in the turkey bacon, mushrooms, spinach and salt. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through (center should not jiggle).
- Allow to cool completely, then cut into 4 circles (using a glass or measuring cup) or into 4 squares.
- Assemble the sandwiches: one serving of egg with a slice of cheese between the english muffin.
- Storage InstructionsWrap each sandwich in a small ziplock bag, and store in the fridge (up to 4 days) or in the freezer (up to 3 months)
- Re-heating instructions:Thaw overnight in the fridge (if frozen).
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds to heat through.
- Crisp up in the frying pan or on a George Foreman grill.