Frozen breakfast taquitos filled with scrambled eggs, spinach, and feta cheese. Bake up a batch and stock up the freezer!
We are always looking for ways to keep breakfast interesting, and these frozen breakfast taquitos do just that!
Not only are they simple to prep, but you can totally customize the filling based on what you have on hand.
Similar to breakfast burritos, but smaller, and baked in the oven until crispy and delicious.
Don’t forget to pin this post for later!
We love these frozen breakfast taquitos because
- they freeze/thaw so well
- you sneak a whole lotta greens into your breakfast
- they are freaking delicious!
How to make them
For these taquitos, we are cooking up some scrambled eggs, then rolling in a tortilla and baking them up.
- Cook scrambled eggs. For this recipe, I keep it simple with eggs, milk, salt and pepper. At the end of cook time, I fold in spinach and feta cheese.
- Roll taquitos. You can use small or medium tortillas. Spoon a few tablespoons of eggs on the tortillas, sprinkle with cheese, roll, and place fold down on a baking sheet.
- Bake taquitos. Timing will depend on the size of your tortillas. For small tortillas, 10 minutes was perfect.
- Enjoy or freeze for later!
How long do breakfast taquitos last for? In the fridge- up to 4 days. In the freezer- up to 3 months.
How do I thaw them? Thaw overnight in the fridge. You can thaw in the microwave flipping every 30 seconds if you forget to put them in the fridge.
How do I reheat? Heat through in the microwave, then crisp up in a pan or a sandwich press. I like my George Foreman grill for this!
Serve them with
Just like my baked beef taquitos, these breakfast taquitos are great with some added toppings:
- salsa, salsa verde or pico de gallo
- fresh tomatoes
- greek yogurt or sour cream
- avocado or guacamole (see how to cut an avocado and not your hand here!)
- more cheese is never a bad idea 😉
Tips & equipment
- I cooked the filling in my ceramic non-stick greenpan
- here are my favorite sheet pans and the 3 compartment meal prep containers I used
- looking for more freezer-friendly breakfast recipes? Check out these Ultimate Breakfast Burritos, these Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches, and this round-up with Meal Prep Breakfast Ideas
Frozen Breakfast Taquitos
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen spinach (130 g; 4.5 oz; thawed and extra moisture squeezed out)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 12 tortillas (small)
- 1 1/2 cups mozarella (shredded)
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Beat the eggs, then add in the milk and salt and mix until completely combined.
- Cook eggs in a medium non-stick pan, scrambling as you cook. Should take roughly 5 minutes to scramble them through.
- Fold in the spinach and feta cheese, until completely mixed in.
- Roll the taquitos: spoon 2 tablespoons of the egg mixture in the middle of a small tortilla. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese. Roll tightly and place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Repeat until no filling remains.
- Brush or spray tortillas with oil.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Enjoy immediately or store for meal prep!
- Taquitos keep in the fridge for up to 4 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat- thaw completely if frozen, heat in the microwave until heated through, then crisp up in a frying pan or on a sandwich press/grill if desired.