These easy meal prep berry quinoa yogurt parfaits are packed full of protein thanks to greek yogurt and a scoop of quinoa!
These high protein berry yogurt parfaits are one of my favorite meal prep breakfast ideas because they are SO easy to make! Some of my other favorites are these Apple Quinoa Breakfast Bars and this Berry Quinoa Breakfast.
After the quinoa has cooled, just scoop some yogurt into a jar, top with the cooked quinoa, some berries, and maple syrup, then some more yogurt and you're done! I like to top mine with hemp seeds for an extra protein boost, but you can leave that off or top it with whatever you'd like.
These guys keep in the fridge for about 4 days. The quinoa holds its texture and I actually really loved it mixed in with the yogurt and berries...kind of a chewy texture (in the best kind of way). Not mushy at all.
Reasons you’ll ♡ these berry quinoa yogurt parfaits
- they are packed with protein which makes them super filling
- they are gluten-free
- they are a healthy meal prep breakfast option!
Let's talk ingredients
This is a super simple 'recipe', that you can mix and match to make it your own! Here's what you'll need:
- Quinoa- make sure you have cooked & cooled quinoa. I have a detailed post on How to Cook Quinoa in a Rice Cooker (seriously the easiest way to do it!)
- Yogurt- use your favorite kind of yogurt. If you are looking for an extra kick of protein, use Greek yogurt. If you are vegan, coconut yogurt will work well!
- Berries- I love using frozen berries because they are cheaper and get extra juicy as they thaw
- Sweetener- optional, but I add a bit of maple syrup to sweeten. Honey or agave would also work well.
- Toppings- I use hemp hearts, but chia seeds or your favorite nut/seed would work well here. Add fresh if you want it crunchy.
Meal prep tips
These berry quinoa yogurt parfaits are so great for meal prep! Here's how to make the most of your prep:
- use a rice cooker- cook your quinoa hands off and worry free ahead of time in a rice cooker
- containers- I use 1 pint jars, and recommend using a wide-mouth jar (it makes it so much easier to eat!)
- storage- these parfaits are good for up to 4 days in the fridge, depending on the freshness of your berries. They can not be frozen.
Find my favorite rice cooker, pint jars and other storage containers in my shop!
Berry Quinoa Yogurt Parfait FAQs
What kind of yogurt works best?
Any kind of yogurt works well with this recipe! I mostly use Greek yogurt for the added protein but if I am going to use regular yogurt, I just try and stay away from ones with added sugar.
Does the quinoa get soggy?
No, after four days the quinoa still has a bit of a chew to it.
What other toppings can I add?
Anything you want! Some of my favorites are:
- protein powder
- nuts & seeds
- nut butter
- chocolate chips
- granola (add this fresh, or it will get soggy)
- fruit (avoid apples, bananas, and pears as they will brown unless cooked)
Looking for more meal prep breakfast recipes?
- Healthy Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- Low Carb Breakfast Meal Prep Bowls
- Creamy Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip 3 Ways
- Peach Baked Oatmeal
- 36+ Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 ¼ cups Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 ¼ cups berries fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, and allow to cool completely.
- Assemble parfaits (I use wide-mouth 1 pint jars): yogurt, maple syrup, quinoa, berries then more yogurt. Sprinkle with hemp seeds (or add fresh if you want the crunch factor).
- Seal and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.