Get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes! Sweet chili salmon is served with roasted broccoli on a quinoa bowl.
Oh how I love the first Thursday of the month around here…because it’s 30 Minute Thursday time again!
In case you are new to it, a group of my favorite bloggers and I bring you a whole lotta easy week-night dinner inspiration in the form of 30 Minute dinner recipes!
And really, 30 minute dinners are kind of my jam. They have been happening a LOT at my house lately. That’s because I’m working on a recipe e-book filled with Healthy 30 Minute Dinner Recipes, and I’ll be sharing a sneak peek with you all soon!
For now, I hope this big bowl of deliciousness will do!
30 minute dinners are funny. Sometimes they are more effort than you bargained for.
I feel like some 30 minute recipes have me running around the kitchen like a chicken with my head chopped off and afterwards the kitchen looks like it was hit by a tornado. As in: it’s kind of a challenge to pack in all of the prep work and cooking in 30 minutes.
Not this quinoa bowl. It is easily ready in 30 minutes, and you will actually have down time while the salmon, veggies and quinoa cook. You heard me right! Down time!
The salmon is baked in a sweet chili- soy sauce mixture. It’s bit sweet and a bit savory, and SO perfect with the salmon!
The broccoli and snow peas roast away in the oven with the salmon. Have you tried roasted broccoli? It has so much extra flavor and is SO delicious, that it might even make a broccoli-hater into a broccoli-lover!
Anyway, the roasted broccoli and salmon are served over quinoa and drizzled with extra sweet chili sauce.
It is a simple, quick and healthy recipe that is perfect for a busy week night.
Be sure to check out these other delicious-looking 30 Minute Thursday Recipes:
- Caprese Grilled Cheese from Pumpkin N’ Spice
- Chicken Parmesan Burger from Flavor the Moments
- One-Skillet Balsamic Sausage, Asparagus, + Mushrooms from Whole and Heavenly Oven
- Cheesy Burrito Casserole from My Kitchen Craze
- Kale and Strawberry Salad with Bacon and Grilled Cheese Sandwich Croutons from Floating Kitchen
- Hummus Wraps with Spring Vegetables and Herbed Mayo from She Likes Food
- Honey Lemon Chicken and Potato Skillet from The Recipe Rebel
- Thai Chicken and Vegetable Soup from Bake.Eat.Repeat
- Sweet Potato Noodles with Peanut Sauce from Kristine’s Kitchen
Sweet Chili Salmon & Broccoli Quinoa Bowl
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
Sweet Chili Salmon
- 4 4oz salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 oz/170g snow peas (roughly 2 cups)
- 2 heads of broccoli (roughly 4 cups), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- While quinoa is cooking, heat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk together the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, water and garlic. Pour into a 8x8 inch baking dish. Place the salmon, skin side up, on the sauce. Allow to sit while oven heats.
- When oven is heated, place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Place broccoli and snow peas in a large bowl. Toss with the olive oil and soy sauce, until lightly coated.
- Place in the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes, until cooked through and tender.
- Spoon extra sauce from the pan over the salmon and quinoa.
Calories 346 // Fat 8 g // Saturated Fat 1 g // Cholesterol 45 mg // Sodium 784 mg // Carbohydrate 39 g // Fiber 7 g // Sugars 9 g // Protein 28 g