These sweet chili chicken tacos are made with slow cooker sweet chili chicken, and are topped with a crunchy cabbage slaw and creamy sweet chili yogurt sauce!
Cooking a big batch of chicken in the slow cooker is a great way to get a head start on the week's dinners. We love cooking up slow cooker sweet chili chicken or slow cooker honey lime shredded chicken, as they are simple to prepare and make a big batch!
Preparing the slow cooker sweet chili chicken ahead makes these tacos easy peasy to throw together for an easy dinner.
With juicy sweet chili chicken, crunchy slaw, and a creamy sweet chili yogurt sauce, these tacos are unique and tasty.
Reasons to ♡ sweet chili chicken tacos:
- they are simple, tasty, and a unique recipe for Taco Tuesday
- this recipe is part of a meal prep plan
- you can get creative with the fillings and use up what you have in the fridge
Ingredients you'll need
- Slow cooker sweet chili chicken- or any shredded chicken
- Tortillas- flour or corn, you may use hard shells
- Veggies- shredded cabbage and carrot add a crunchy texture to these tacos
- Apple cider vinegar- to toss the veggies; gives them a slightly tangy flavor
- Yogurt- plain yogurt works great
- Sweet chili sauce- is sweet and savory but should not be spicy; find it in the international section of your grocery store
- Avocado- optional; see how to cut an avocado and not your hand
This recipe is part of a meal prep plan
One of my favorite meal prep strategies is to cook up a big batch of a protein in the slow cooker and use it up in multiple meals throughout the week. This saves so much time and gives you a huge head start on dinner.
For this meal prep plan, we cook a big batch of slow cooker sweet chili chicken, then use it up in three dinners through the week:
Meal prep plan recipes
This is an extremely flexible recipe, and you can get really creative with the add-ins!
- Swap tortillas for pitas or even a brioche bun
- Swap the yogurt/sweet chili sauce for chipotle mayo, tomatillo salsa, avocado crema or cilantro lime dressing
- Swap the chicken for black beans
- Swap the cabbage and carrot for bagged slaw, romaine, or your favorite taco toppings
- Turn it into a taco salad, serving over the veggies with tortilla chips to scoop it up
Meal Prep + Storage Tips
Once assembled, these tacos should be eaten quickly, however, the components themselves can be prepped ahead and stored in the fridge:
- Sweet chili chicken lasts 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge; reheat in a frying pan, turning as needed with tongs
- Veggies last 5-7 days (do not toss in vinegar until just prior to serving)
- Sweet chili yogurt sauce can last for up to 4 days in the fridge; give it a good stir just before serving
More delicious taco recipes to try
- Homemade Taco Seasoning (GF, Low Carb)
- Healthy Taco Salad (+ meal prep tips)
- Easy Tofu Tacos
- Breakfast Tacos (Meal Prep)
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Crockpot Tacos
- Turkey Taco Meal Prep Bowls
Did you make this? Tag me on social @sweetpeasandsaffron and be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe!
Sweet Chili Chicken Tacos with Yogurt Sauce
- 2 cups slow cooker sweet chili chicken note 1
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 avocados sliced
- cilantro leaves
- 8 tortillas small, 6 inch
- Reheat the chicken gently in a fry pan over medium-low heat.
- While chicken is heating, stir together the yogurt sauce and set aside.
- Combine all the slaw ingredients, and prep the avocados.
- Assemble the tacos: ¼ cup of chicken in a tortilla, topped with yogurt sauce, avocado slices, cilantro and the cabbage slaw.
- store sweet chili chicken in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days (or freeze for up to 3 months)
- pre-shred the veggies and store in the fridge for 5-7 days
- stir together the sweet chili yogurt sauce up to 4 days ahead and store in the fridge
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Leave a Comment