These sweet chili chicken quesadillas have a DELICIOUS peach salsa and are ready in under 20 minutes! Leftovers make for a great lunch the next day.
If you are looking for a simple way to get a head start on dinner, consider cooking a big batch of protein ahead, and use it up in multiple meals through the week! Our favorites include slow cooker sweet chili chicken as well as slow cooker honey lime shredded chicken.
These sweet chili chicken quesadillas are pure summer perfection. The blend of sweet peach salsa with the savory quesadillas is so good, and they also happen to be simple to throw together!
Make sure you get the sweetest peaches you can for this peach salsa! You will be glad you did.
Reasons to ♡ sweet chili chicken quesadillas:
- they only take 20 minutes to make!
- this recipe is part of a meal plan
- they are completely customizable
Ingredients you’ll need
- Sweet chili chicken– or any shredded chicken
- Tortillas– flour or corn, you’ll want larger tortillas for this recipe
- Cheese– go for something mild like mozzarella
- Peaches– look for fragrant, ripe peaches
- Shallot– or red onion, finely chopped
- Jalapeno– optional; for heat. Finely chop and remove the membrane and seeds. OR leave some of the membrane in if you like a little heat!
- Cilantro– leaves only, torn. Adds a fresh, herbaceous flavor to the salsa
- Lime juice– to brighten the flavors of the peach salsa and bring everything together; I highly recommend using fresh lime juice rather than concentrate.
This recipe is part of a meal prep plan
One of my favorite meal prep strategies is to cook up a big batch of a protein in the slow cooker and use it up in multiple meals throughout the week. This saves so much time, and gives you a huge head start on dinner.
These sweet chili chicken bowls are part of a meal prep plan based around cooking a big batch of sweet chili chicken.
Other recipes in this meal prep plan:
- Swap the yogurt/sweet chili sauce for chipotle mayo, tomatillo salsa, avocado crema or cilantro lime dressing
- Swap the chicken for black beans
- The peach salsa would also be great served with tortilla chips, served on fish tacos or over grilled chicken
- Bulk out the quesadillas with some chopped bell peppers, red onions, corn, and black beans
Meal Prep + Storage Tips
Quesadillas can be cooked ahead and stored in the fridge or freeze, however, you’ll want to serve the peach salsa fresh
- Fridge- store cooked quesadillas in the fridge in a meal prep container for up to 4 days.
- Reheat- heat in a frying pan, or on a sandwich press to get them crispy again.
- Freezer- wrap cooled quesadillas in plastic wrap, then place in a freezer bag or a meal prep container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw- overnight in the fridge, then crisp up in a frying pan or on a sandwich press.
More Delicious Quesadillas Recipes
- Healthy Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- Spinach & Feta Breakfast Quesadillas (Freezer-Friendly)
- Broccoli Cheddar Breakfast Quesadillas
- Smashed White Bean & Spinach Quesadillas (Freezer Friendly)
- Chicken Avocado Caprese Quesadillas
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadillas
Sweet Chili Chicken Quesadillas with Peach Salsa
- 4 peaches ripe
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon shallot minced
- 1 jalapeño minced (add the seeds and membrane to make it hotter!)
- 2 cups slow cooker sweet chili chicken see note 1
- 1 1/3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 tortillas large (12 inch)
- Greek yogurt
- Stir together all peach salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Spray with spray oil.
- Working in batches of two tortillas at a time, assemble the quesadillas by topping ½ cup of slow cooker sweet chili chicken with ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Press the opposite side of the tortilla down firmly and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Serve immediately topped with peach salsa and Greek yogurt.
- store sweet chili chicken in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days (or freeze for up to 3 months)
- leftover quesadillas can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days; crisp up in a frying pan to serve
- peach salsa should be served fresh