Creamy cilantro lime dressing is perfect to jazz up your salad. Fresh cilantro, avocado, garlic and lime make this so much better than store-bought! Vegan, gluten-free and paleo, plus a video to show you just how to make it.
This might just be the salad dressing of my dreams…creamy, tangy, and full of fresh cilantro and lime flavors.
This creamy cilantro lime dressing is modified from this Crock Pot Beer Chicken Taco Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette.
Adding half an avocado totally transforms the cilantro lime vinaigrette into a creamy dreamy jar full of heaven.
I could eat this stuff with a spoon!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save it for later!
How to make cilantro lime dressing?
It’s so incredibly simple!
Just combine the ingredients above (olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, cilantro leaves, garlic, salt, dijon and lime juice) in the jar that comes with an immersion blender (I have this one!), or use your blender.
Blend until smooth. You can serve this as a cilantro lime vinaigrette (no avocado), or as a creamy cilantro lime dressing (by adding 1/2 a ripe avocado).
Either way, you are getting one seriously delicious and super tangy dressing.
How long does this creamy cilantro lime dressing last?
Normally avocados need to be consumed ASAP when they are ripe, but thanks to the vinegar and lime juice, this dressing is good in the fridge for up to 5 days!
Confession…that’s the absolute longest we could last without polishing it off. So who knows, it might even be good for longer than 5 days 😉
Tips for the creamiest cilantro lime dressing
- I used my favorite immersion blender, but you could also use a blender (you may need to add a bit of water to thin it out for blending)
- Make sure you mince the garlic, otherwise you may end up with chunks of raw garlic in your dressing. Yum! Not.
- This recipe might be good on a salad topped with this Cilantro Lime Chicken!
- Looking for more salad dressings? Try this Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette, this 4-Ingredient Balsamic Vinaigrette, or this White Wine Vinaigrette (which is my FAVORITE all purpose dressing)!
Creamy cilantro lime dressing is perfect to jazz up your salad. Fresh cilantro, avocado, garlic and lime make this so much better than store-bought!
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves loosely packed
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey (swap with maple syrup to make this vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 avocado (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend with an immersion blender.
If adding the avocado, you may wish to thin the dressing out with some water.
Keeps for 24 hours.
*This recipe is super tangy! If you prefer a milder dressing, reduce the white wine vinegar by 1-2 tablespoons
Nutritional information includes the avocado.