Pulled pork burrito bowls are packed with juicy pulled pork, avocado, cheese, tomatoes and so much more. Easy to prep ahead and assemble when you're ready to enjoy.
My family loves a good burrito bowl! Whether it's a Low Carb Meatball Burrito Bowl, a Mix & Match Meal Prep Burrito Bowl, or this pulled pork version, they loaded with flavor and everyone's favorite burrito ingredients.
So, exactly what is a burrito bowl? Just imagine your favorite burrito in bowl form! Filled with meat, beans, fresh vegetables and rice, you can get creative and use up what you have on hand in the fridge.
It's great for meal prep as well, and can be served cold, making perfect for lunches when you don't have access to a microwave.
Reasons to love pulled pork burrito bowls
- they have the delicious flavors of burritos with no rolling necessary
- we've loaded them up with healthy ingredients (but you can get creative!)
- prep components ahead for an easy 10 minute lunch or dinner
Wondering how this burrito bowl recipe comes together? Watch this 1-minute video to see how easy it is to prep! You can find more recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Which ingredients will you need?
Remember that you can get totally creative here, using your favorite burrito ingredients, and what you have in the fridge.
- pulled pork - for this recipe I use prepped crock pot pulled pork. Since it makes a big batch, this is a great way to use up leftovers!
- rice - use plain rice, or maybe level it up with this cilantro lime rice
- cheese- shredded mozzarella, monterey jack, or cheddar are great.
- lettuce - I've used romaine lettuce here, but iceberg would also work well.
- beans & corn- make your own perfect black beans for the absolute best flavor, or use canned.
- extras - chopped tomatoes, fresh avocado, cilantro and sour cream is what I've used. Salsa, jalapenos, pickled onions and guacamole are other options.
Meal prep tips
These burrito bowls work great for meal prep! Here are some tips for making it ahead:
- cook pulled pork ahead - for these burrito bowls I use my crock pot pulled pork recipe. It has an 8 hour cook time, which means it's best to cook this ahead of time. You can also cook it in the Instant Pot if you are short on time.
- since it makes a large batch of pulled pork, it's perfect to cook once and then use in three different recipes. You can find a full pulled pork meal prep plan and shopping list here!
- store the pulled pork in extra juices for added flavor in these burrito bowls.
- prep other components of this recipe in advance - go ahead and cook the rice, shred the cheese, wash and chop the romaine ahead to make this a ten minute meal. I don't recommend cutting tomatoes or avocado until just before serving.
- you may want to rewarm the pulled pork in a frying pan to help it loosen up and get nice and juicy before assembling the burrito bowls
- hot or cold- you can warm up the rice as well if you'd like before serving, or just serve cold.
Find my favorite meal prep containers and other kitchen tools in my shop!
Is there a dressing for this recipe?
We did not use a dressing on these burrito bowls. Instead, I like topping with a fresh salsa or sour cream. If you want to add a dressing, try this Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing.
Can I skip the rice?
Absolutely. Swap for cooked quinoa or cauliflower rice. Or, just use a tortilla and actually turn this into a pulled pork burrito!
Which additional toppings can I add?
Check out the full recipe card below for some of my suggestions, and I also recommend adding:
- pico de gallo
- pickled or fresh jalapeños
- pickled onions
- your favorite burrito ingredients!
Looking for more delicious one bowl recipes?
- Taco Salad Recipe
- Falafel Salad Bowls
- Vegetarian Buddha Bowl
- Turkey Taco Meal Prep Bowls
- Vegan Cold Sesame Noodle Meal Prep Bowls
Did you make this? Tag me on social @sweetpeasandsaffron and be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe!
Pulled Pork Burrito Bowls
- 2 cups slow cooker pulled pork
- ¾ cup rice (uncooked)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce (washed + chopped)
- 15 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 12 oz can of corn kernels (drained)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ cup cilantro leaves (torn)
- ½ cup cheese (shredded; monterey jack or mozzarella are great)
- 1 avocado sliced
- sour cream
- salsa or pico de gallo
- tortilla chips
- avocado or guacamole
- You will need 2 cups of slow cooker pulled pork for this recipe.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- To assemble: In a bowl layer rice, chopped lettuce, and pulled pork. Top with black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, shredded cheese, and your choice of additional toppings.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Leave a Comment