Low carb meatball burrito bowls with taco-seasoned meatballs, cauliflower rice, pico de gallo, cheese and sour cream with only 5 g net carbs per serving.
When it comes to easy lunch recipes, you can’t beat the burrito bowl…it’s just so easy and so versatile!
Today I’m putting a low carb spin on the burrito bowl with meatballs and cauliflower rice. Not only is it delicious, but filling, satisfying and low on carbs!
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Reasons you’ll love low carb meatball burrito bowls
- they are low in carbs
- you can mix it up with whatever you have on hand
- they are tasty and satisfying!
How to make them
There are a few different components to this meal prep recipe but I’m going to suggest shortcuts so you can cut down on prep time!
Low carb taco meatballs- I took my turkey taco meatball recipe from this post with 7 Turkey Meatball Recipes and modified it a bit: I omitted the breadcrumbs (I find almond flour seeps out of the meatballs and adds unnecessary carbs), and swapped the ground turkey for ground beef.
Cauliflower Rice- I used my favorite cauliflower rice recipe and only seasoned it with some lime zest and garlic powder. You can use pre-riced cauliflower to cut down on prep time!
Pico de gallo- I chopped up some fresh tomatoes, jalapenos and seasoned with lime and salt. You can use a store-bought salsa as a short cut.
Other toppings- I added shredded cheese and some sour cream, but use what you have in the fridge! Other low carb burrito bowl ideas: guacamole or fresh avocado, salsa, sauteed zucchini & bell peppers.
Can I make this vegan? Check out my vegan burrito bowls here.
Can I spice up the cauliflower rice? Sure! Check out these 7 cauliflower rice recipes.
Can I swap the ground beef? Sure, you can use equal amounts of ground turkey or ground chicken!
Can I change the flavor of the meatballs? Sure, try one of these 7 Baked Turkey Meatballs
- these are my favorite meal prep containers
- I like these condiment containers to hold sour cream or salsa
- Looking for more low carb meal prep recipes? Check out this Low Carb Satay Beef Meal Prep, this Low Carb Meatloaf & Cauliflower Mash, this
- Cauliflower Fried Rice, or this round up with more than 26 Low Carb Meals Perfect For Meal Prep
Low Carb Meatball Burrito Bowls
- 1 lb lean ground beef see note 1
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons low carb taco seasoning see note 2
- 1 egg
Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 cups riced cauliflower see note 3
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lime zested
Pico De Gallo
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Low Carb Burrito Bowls
- 1/2 cup cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream see note 4
- salsa optional
- avocado or guacamole optional
- Prep the meatballs- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef with worcestershire sauce, salt, egg, and a lower carb taco seasoning (*)Roll into 1.5 tablespoon balls and arrange on a sheet pan. Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, until the meatballs are fully cooked through.
- Make cauliflower rice- Fit a 7 cup or larger food processor with a steel S blade. Fill to the top with cauliflower florets. Pulse 10-15 times until broken down into rice-sized pieces.To cook the rice, heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add cauliflower rice, salt, garlic powder and lime zest to the pan, and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring continuously, until softened slightly (but not mushy!). Set aside to cool.
- Stir together pico de gallo- Combine tomatoes, jalapeno, lime juice and salt in a bowl.
- Assemble bowls- Divide the meatballs, cauliflower rice, pico de gallo, cheese and sour cream between four meal prep containers. Enjoy immediately, or store for later.