Low carb Indian chicken skillet has incredible flavor and is so easy to prep ahead for easy a low carb lunch through the week!
It’s time for another low carb lunch recipe! Meal prep is going to be your best friend if you are eating low carb, because it’s hard to argue with convenience…it really makes it easier to stick to your low carb diet!
While Ben and I do not follow a low carb diet, I know many of you are, so I’m happy to share another low carb recipe creation with you today: this low carb Indian chicken skillet!
It’s packed with veggies and flay-vah! With chicken thighs, cauliflower rice and green beans, all tossed in a spice mixture of cumin, coriander, curry powder and garam masala, this chicken skillet has a TON of flavor!
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
We love this low carb Indian chicken skillet because
- it’s quick to prepare (especially if you use pre-riced cauliflower!)
- it’s low carb but still plenty filling
- it tastes amazing, even on day 4!
How to cook this Indian low carb lunch recipe
I recommend getting all your spices measured out and your cauliflower riced before you start cooking your chicken!
Here’s how I cooked this Indian low carb lunch recipe:
- sautee boneless skinless chicken thighs until they are cooked through, then remove from the pan
- add the cauliflower rice, green beans, and tomato sauce, and toss in a spice mixture of ground cumin, coriander, curry powder and garam masala for 3-5 minutes
- serve immediately or divide between four meal prep containers
Can I swap the chicken out of this low carb chicken skillet? Sure, I bet this would be great with tofu, chicken breast, ground pork or turkey (even better if you made them into meatballs!).
Can I use regular rice? Sure! Check out my post for cooking perfect fluffy rice, and start by adding just half of the seasonings. Add more if needed.
Can I freeze this low carb chicken skillet? ANSWER
Tips & equipment for Indian low carb chicken
- I cooked my low carb chicken skillet in a standard non stick pan, and riced my own cauliflower using my favorite food processor
- Meal prep containers: I love these ones!
- Looking for more Low Carb Lunch Recipes? Try this Low Carb Satay Beef Meal Prep, this Cauliflower Fried Rice, and this Santa Fe Low Carb Chicken Meal Prep! Or check out this round up with 26+ Low Carb Meal Prep Recipes!
Low Carb Indian Chicken Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 head cauliflower (riced; roughly 4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups green beans (fresh or frozen)
- plain yogurt (optional)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Drain pan if there is excessive oil. Add the water and spices, and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir until completely mixed up with the spices.
- Add the riced cauliflower rice in two batches, stirring until the tomato sauce/spice mixture is completely mixed in. Add the green beans and cook for 2-4 minutes, until soft and cooked through.
- Enjoy immediately or portion out into 2 cup meal prep containers for the week.
- Store in sealed containers in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat until steaming hot.