Low carb Indian chicken skillet has incredible flavor and is so easy to prep ahead for easy a low carb lunch through the week!
It’s time for another low carb lunch recipe! Meal prep is going to be your best friend if you are eating low carb, because it’s hard to argue with convenience…it really makes it easier to stick to your low carb diet!
While Ben and I do not follow a low carb diet, I know many of you are, so I’m happy to share another low carb recipe creation with you today: this low carb Indian chicken skillet!
It’s packed with veggies and flay-vah! With chicken thighs, cauliflower rice and green beans, all tossed in a spice mixture of cumin, coriander, curry powder and garam masala, this chicken skillet has a TON of flavor!
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Reasons you’ll love this low carb Indian chicken skillet
- it’s quick to prepare (especially if you use pre-riced cauliflower!)
- it’s low carb but still plenty filling
- it tastes amazing, even on day 4!
How to make it
I recommend getting all your spices measured out and your cauliflower riced before you start cooking your chicken!
- sautee boneless skinless chicken thighs until they are cooked through, then remove from the pan
- add the cauliflower rice, green beans, and tomato sauce, and toss in a spice mixture of ground cumin, coriander, curry powder and garam masala for 3-5 minutes
- serve immediately or divide between four meal prep containers
Can I swap the chicken out?
Sure, I bet this would be great with tofu, chicken breast, ground pork or turkey (even better if you made them into meatballs!).
How do I rice cauliflower?
Can I use regular rice?
Sure! Check out my post for cooking perfect fluffy rice, and start by adding just half of the seasonings. Add more if needed.
- I used a standard non stick pan, and riced my own cauliflower using my favorite food processor
- Meal prep containers: I love these ones!
- Looking for more Low Carb Lunch Recipes? Try this Low Carb Satay Beef Meal Prep, this Cauliflower Fried Rice, and this Santa Fe Low Carb Chicken Meal Prep! Or check out this round up with 26+ Low Carb Meal Prep Recipes!
Low Carb Indian Chicken Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs see note 1
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder see note 2
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce see note 3
- 1/2 head cauliflower riced; roughly 4 cups; see note 4
- 1 1/2 cups green beans fresh or frozen; see note 5
- plain yogurt (optional)
- Prepare spices- Start by measuring out all spices, placing them in a small bowl.
- Cook chicken- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a non-stick skillet. Add chicken thighs to the pan, and cook for 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Cook spices- Add spices to the pan, then add water and stir with a spatula to make a paste. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring consistently.
- Add tomato sauce- Add the tomato sauce to the spices, and mix until completely combined.
- Cook cauliflower rice- Add the riced cauliflower to the pan, and toss in the tomato/spice mixture. Add the green beans on top. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2-4 minutes, or until cauliflower and green beans are softened slightly.
- Serve or store- Top the cauliflower rice and green beans with chicken and enjoy immediately, or store for later.
- Divide cauliflower rice and chicken between four meal prep containers.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat in the microwave until steaming hot.