These low carb recipes you can meal prep have got you covered for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks! Carb counts listed so you don’t have to hunt them down yourself.
In our Lunch Prep Challenge, I get asked all the time “how can I make this a low carb recipe?”. I’ve come to realize that low carb recipes that can be meal prepped are extremely challenging to find, especially ones that can actually fill you up.
So after scouring the internet, I’m sharing more than 26 delicious low carb recipes that will have you covered for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the best part? They are all meal preppable. Let’s pretend that’s a word 😉
Whether you are diabetic, or are following a low carb diet for weight loss or other reasons, there are a ton of low carb recipes that will hopefully appeal to everyone. These low carb recipes are packed with nutrition and tons of protein to keep you full!
I’m not going to get into the different guidelines for carb intakes from different diets, because I’m not a nutritionist. But I settled on a carb cut-off of 25 g or less for lunches and dinners, and below 15 g for breakfasts and snacks. I am a believer in moderation, and for each of these recipes, you are getting a balanced meal that will fill you up and just happens to be low carb. And can be prepped ahead!
Swaps for low carb recipes:
- swap rice with cauliflower rice
- swap pasta with zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash
- swap potatoes with cauliflower (it makes excellent ‘mashed potatoes’ and is also apparently great in ‘potato salad’)
- wraps can be swapped with lettuce (I love romaine for it’s crunch factor)
- zucchini slices work great for low carb enchiladas or lasagna
Let’s check out these tasty low carb meal prep recipes!
Disclaimer: nutritional information was obtained from the source of the recipe, and in certain cases, I calculated them using the MyFitness Pal app. They are strictly estimates and not guaranteed to be accurate. See my nutritional disclaimer for more information.
Low Carb Recipes: Lunch & Dinner
NEW: Lemon Chicken Spaghetti Squash Boats from Sweet Peas & Saffron (7 g carbs for half a large squash) // 2. Mexican Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Meal Prep Bowls from Sweet Peas & Saffron (25 g carbs)
5. Meal Prep Cilantro Lime Chicken with Cauliflower Rice from Fit Foodie Finds (16 g carbs) // 6. Lasagna-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms (Freezer to Oven) from Sweet Peas & Saffron (11 g carbs)
6. Greek Chicken & Roasted Cauliflower Rice Meal Prep Bowls from Food Faith Fitness (23 g carbs) // 7. Cauliflower Rice Chicken Enchilada Casserole from Sweet Peas & Saffron (17 g carbs)
10. Ground Turkey Pasta in Romesco Sauce from Sweet Peas & Saffron (22 g carbs) To prep ahead: spiralize the zucchini, cook the ground turkey and prepare the romesco sauce up to 4 days ahead and store in the fridge. Reheat and add to fresh pasta. Leftovers keep for 2 days. // 11. Broccoli Cheddar Spaghetti Squash Bake from Making Thyme For Health (20 g carbs)
20. Low Carb Greek Turkey Meal Prep from Sweet Peas & Saffron
Low Carb Recipes: Breakfast & Snack
9. Flourless Pumpkin Waffles from Wholesome Yum (16 g carbs (2 waffles)) // 10. Pesto Cauliflower Rice Breakfast Bowls from A Saucy Kitchen (16 g carbs;*to make this a meal-prep recipe: swap for scrambled egg or cook egg fresh; add avocado fresh as well)
11. Breakfast Stuffed Peppers from Wholesome Yum
2 g carbs