Thai turkey lettuce wraps are made with ground turkey cooked in a delicious Thai peanut curry sauce and served in crunchy romaine lettuce leaves. This lettuce wrap recipe is ready in under 25 minutes, gluten-free, low carb, paleo and clean eating!
Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Looking for something light but still SUPER flavorful? Then look no further, because these Thai turkey lettuce wraps are an absolute flavor bomb!
Not only are they super delicious (thank you Thai peanut curry sauce!), but they are so easy to whip up. One pan, and 25 minutes absolute max is all you need to prep this delicious lettuce wrap recipe.
And and AND! These Thai turkey lettuce wraps make for a super easy meal prep dinner or lunch recipe that you can make ahead and store in the fridge or freezer. That’s convenient whether you are a student, working full time, or just want to relieve meal time stress.
When you’re ready to serve these Thai turkey lettuce wraps, simply heat your pre-made filling and serve on a crispy Better Romaine Leaf lettuce from Mann’s! Easiest dinner ever.
Thank you to Mann’s for sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions are my own.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save it for later!
How to make Thai turkey lettuce wraps
This recipe has two important components: the delicious ground turkey filling, and the crunchy romaine lettuce leaf! First, we’re going to talk about that Thai ground turkey filling!
- First, we cook some onions and garlic with Thai red curry paste. I have used a lot of different curry pastes and recommend this Thai red curry paste, for this recipe! Cooking the red curry paste with the onions and garlic helps infuse them with flavor, but also helps soften the paste so that it mixes in well when we add the other ingredients to the filling for the lettuce wraps.
- Second, we add our ground turkey and cook for 5-7 minutes, until cooked though.
- Third, we are going to add in some shredded carrots. Totally optional, but it adds a few more veggies and some extra color to this dish.
- Fourth, we mix up our delicious peanut sauce: natural peanut butter (sorry, but creamy peanut butter is not going to work for this recipe), soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, lime juice and a touch of water to thin it out. You may need to add more water, depending on the consistency of your PB. Add your peanut sauce to the pan and toss to coat.
Voila! Our ground turkey lettuce wraps filling is ready!
What’s the best lettuce for this lettuce wrap recipe?
In the past, I’ve always used butter lettuce for my lettuce wraps, but from now on, I’m sticking with romaine! Romaine lettuce is so sturdy for wrapping, and it also has that important crunch factor.
Today’s recipe is in partnership with Mann’s, whose Better Romaine Leaf lettuce is the definition of convenience: cut, washed and ready to go!
Not only that, but because it is packaged quickly after harvesting and is stored in a specialized tray, Better Romaine Leaf has an incredible shelf life. We enjoyed crispy romaine lettuce for well over a week after purchasing it. Basically, it’s perfect if you’re looking to shave some time off your meal prep routine!
How can I mix it up with these Thai lettuce wraps?
- Chop up the Better Romaine Leaf and serve wrapped in a tortilla with the Thai ground turkey
- Chop up the romaine and serve as a salad with the Thai ground turkey, plus some additional veggies
- Add some shredded zucchini or sliced bell peppers to the turkey, or top with fresh bean sprouts for extra veggies
Tips and equipment for perfect Thai lettuce wraps:
- Thai ground turkey may be cooked and stored in the fridge for up to 4 days and frozen for up to 3 months
- I used this food storage container set for the fridge and freezer (the 13 and 14 oz containers for single serving and the 30 oz for the whole batch)
- bring the whole container of Better Romaine Leaf and keep it in the fridge at work for extra convenience
- also check out these Slow Cooker Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps with a Sesame Cucumber Salad, this Low Carb Greek Turkey Meal Prep, or this round up with more than 31 Healthy Ground Turkey Meal Prep Ideas!
Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps (Meal Prep)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 7 oz Better Romaine Leaf
- green onions to garnish
- peanuts to garnish
- Shake together all peanut sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan and add the onions, garlic and Thai red curry paste. Stir until red curry paste is heated through and mixed in evenly with the onions (2-3 minutes).
- Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking it up with a spatula, for 5-7 minutes, until no pink remains and the turkey is cooked through.
- Stir in the shredded carrots.
- Pour the peanut sauce evenly over the ground turkey mixture and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat.
- To serve:Spoon ¼ cup of the ground turkey into a Better Romaine Leaf. Sprinkle with green onions and peanuts and enjoy.
- To store in the fridge:Allow ground turkey mixture to cool completely. Portion out into ½-3/4 cup portions and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Re-heat till steaming hot in the microwave before serving.
- To freeze:Allow ground turkey mixture to cool completely, then portion out into desired serving size in the freezer.
- Thaw completely before re-heating in the microwave.