Low carb Greek turkey meal prep is a filling lunch that is full of Greek flavors and low in carbs! With Greek seasoned ground turkey, lemon cauliflower rice, Greek salad and Greek yogurt tzatziki. Low carb, gluten-free, and easily made paleo-compliant.
It’s been way too long since we went low carb around these parts!
I have to admit that I am guilty of thinking that I need carbs to feel full. Well. Today’s recipe totally smashed that concept into pieces because I was full and satisfied for several hours after eating these low carb Greek turkey meal prep bowls.
And hi! I’m a nursing mama so I am ravenously hungry most of the time. If these low carb meal prep bowls fill me up, they will probably fill you up too!
While I am not on a low carb diet, I have found myself paying more attention to the sugar content of food as I try to lose the baby weight. So I’m super happy to share this recipe with you today, with no sweeteners at all. Let’s check it out!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save it for later!
How to prepare this low carb Greek meal prep
There are a few components to this meal prep recipe, but you can totally cut some corners using pre-packaged components. Or, you can prep them all yourself! We are making:
- lemon cauliflower rice- I like to make my own rice for meal prep because it has such a great texture! You can use pre-riced cauliflower but stay away from frozen cauliflower rice as it tends to get mushy. Some fresh lemon zest and garlic powder brings this cauliflower rice to life.
- Greek seasoned ground turkey- I simply sauteed the ground turkey in this Greek seasoning blend. It’s such a great spice blend to have on hand and adds a lot of flavor to the turkey (even though it doesn’t look amazing in the photos, LOL!)
- Greek salad- OK this is more like just a few chopped veggies and some feta cheese. You can customize based on what you have on the fridge.
- Greek yogurt tzatziki- I mixed up some shredded cucumber (moisture squeezed out), Greek yogurt, and this Greek seasoning blend for a super simple tzatziki recipe. You can totally buy store-bought as a shortcut!
Where did you get that cool glass meal prep container from?
I know you’re wondering…I get asked all the time! These three compartment glass storage containers are from Prep Naturals (you can find them here –> affiliate link).
So far we are loving these containers, and the fact that they have separate compartments makes them absolutely perfect for adult bento lunch boxes (check out this No Cook Taco Salad Bento Box Recipe!)
You don’t actually need them for this low carb Greek turkey meal prep recipe, as you can put the cauliflower rice, ground turkey and greek salad together in the same container. However I did like that they keep the components separate until I was ready to serve.
Not only is this low carb Greek turkey meal prep delicious as written but it’s super versatile as well!
Here are some swap ideas to make this recipe your own:
- swap the ground turkey for ground beef or ground chicken
- swap the Greek seasoning blend for any one of these 7 Spice Blends
- swap the cauliflower rice for regular rice or even pita bread
- make it paleo- use coconut yogurt in place of greek yogurt and omit the feta cheese
- make it vegan- swap the ground turkey for chickpeas (I’d smash them and sautee in olive oil with the spice blend), as well as the swaps suggested for paleo.
I could probably keep going on and on and on about how you could modify this low carb Greek turkey meal prep but I’ll stop here. You get the point…make it your own!
Tips to get the perfect low carb lunch
- Check out my 3-compartment glass meal prep containers! You could also get away with a standard glass meal prep container (I love these ones but they may not be large enough for all components of this recipe)
- I used these silicone muffin liners to hold the tzatziki. You could also get away with a 1/2 cup storage container.
- looking for more LOW CARB meal prep recipes? Check out these Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps, this Cauliflower Rice Chicken Enchilada Casserole and this round-up with 26+ Low Carb Meal Prep Recipes!
- 3/4 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons greek seasoning blend
- 1/2 head cauliflower (3.5 cups riced cauliflower)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 long english cucumber shredded
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt plain
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon greek seasoning blend
- 1/2 long english cucumber diced, seeds scooped out
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese crumbled
Cook turkey in a medium non-stick pan, sprinkling with the greek seasoning blend, and breaking it up as you cook.
After 5-7 minutes, the turkey should be cooked through. Set aside and allow to cool.
Break cauliflower down into even-sized florets and place in a 7 cup food processor fitted with a steel blade.
Pulse 10-15 times, or until cauliflower is broken down into roughly rice-sized pieces. Do not over blend!
Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the cauliflower and season with lemon zest and garlic salt. Cook for 5 or so minutes until slightly softened or cooked to your liking.
Shred cucumber and squeeze out extra moisture. Allow it to sit on a paper towel and dry for 10 minutes.
Stir together all remaining ingredients, then fold in the cucumber.
Prepare vegetables; leave tomatoes whole and scoop out seeds from the cucumbers.
Divide ingredients evenly amongst four meal prep containers. If you don't have 3-compartment containers you can store the ground turkey, cauliflower rice and greek salad together in one container, keeping the tzatziki in a separate container until just before serving.
We enjoyed ours cold, however you can also reheat the turkey and cauliflower rice before drizzling with the tzatziki and enjoying.