This no cook taco salad bento box recipe is ready for your lunch in under 25 minutes! A great vegetarian meal prep lunch option when you’re too busy to prep.
Back with another bento box recipe and I’ve got to say: I’m LOVING them! Check out our Spring Strawberry Bento Lunch Box recipe, too!
With my other lunch meal prep recipes, you are going to have to cook stuff. And cooking stuff makes dishes. And who has time to wash dishes when it’s finally starting to warm up?!
These taco salad bento boxes are ridiculously simple to throw together, and all you’re going to need is a bowl to mix your pico de gallo, a cutting board to chop your lettuce, and a cheese shredder.
Not to mention: they are ready in under 25 minutes!!!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save it for later!
Where did you get that cool glass bento box?
I grabbed these 3 compartment meal prep containers from Prep Naturals on Amazon.
So far we are loving these containers, and the fact that they have separate compartments makes them absolutely perfect for adult bento lunch boxes. I have also used them for this Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Breast and these Thai Salmon Patties.
I love that these containers are glass! They are much nicer to eat out of than my old plastic bento containers. However, be warned that they are heavier, and also, they do take up some extra space in the dishwasher.
How to assemble this bento box recipe
This taco salad bento box is such a loosey goosey recipe. You can swap with what you have in the fridge…’clean out the fridge’ meal preps are my favorites!!
- I made a quick pico de gallo with fresh tomatoes, jalapeno, red onion and some lime juice
- romaine lettuce for some crunch (if you dry it, romaine keeps surprisingly well in meal preps!)
- corn & black beans
- tortilla chips & shredded cheese
- dressing: I did two with this cilantro lime dressing (YUM!) and two with plain greek yogurt
You could totally swap out the black beans for some cooked taco meat…that would be perfect in this recipe! You could also add in some rice or quinoa to make it more filling.
So. That’s it! I have more bento box ‘recipes’ planned out over the next few months, and we may even do a bento box lunch prep challenge, so I hope you are enjoying them!
- Check out my 3-compartment glass meal prep containers, they are perfect for adult bento boxes!
- Keep the romaine separate from the pico de gallo to keep it as fresh as possible.
- I used these condiment containers to store my dressing and greek yogurt
- Looking for more no cook lunch ideas? Try these Spring Strawberry Bento Lunch Boxes, these Easy Bistro Boxes 3 Ways, and for more prep ahead lunch ideas, check out this round-up with 38+ Lunch Meal Prep Ideas
Taco Salad Bento Lunch Box
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3 cups romaine lettuce washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup dressing of choice (cilantro lime dressing highly recommended, see notes!)
- tortilla chips
pico de gallo
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Divide ingredients into four storage containers. Use a condiment container to keep dressing separate until just prior to serving.
- Stir together the pico de gallo ingredients and add to the containers (make sure the pico is not touching the romaine).
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. You may wish to bring an extra bowl to serve the salad in.