Air fryer chicken and broccoli are tossed in a savory lemon pepper seasoning. Low carb, yet simple and flavorful, it cooks through in 10 minutes!
Just like our air fryer chicken fajitas, this chicken and broccoli recipe is kind of like a sheet pan meal, only cooked up in the air fryer! It's simple, flavorful, and works great for meal prep.
Reasons you'll ♡ this recipe
- You need just 7 simple ingredients
- It cooks through in 10 minutes or less
- You can use a basket or oven air fryer
- You can meal prep it using 2 different strategies!
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Wondering how this recipe comes together? Watch this 1-minute video to see how easy it is to prep! You can find more recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
- chicken breast- for this recipe, I've used boneless skinless chicken breasts; feel free to swap for boneless skinless chicken thighs, but be sure to cut them into equal, 1 ½ inch pieces so that they cook evenly.
- broccoli- similar to the chicken breast, it's important that we cut the broccoli into equal sized florets- 1 ½ inches or so.
- lemon pepper- this is a seasoning blend made from dehydrated lemon peel and black pepper. I've used McKormick brand, but if you'd like to try to make your own, here's a good looking homemade lemon pepper recipe.
Step by step directions
Mix- In a large bowl, toss the chicken and broccoli with olive oil. Sprinkle with lemon pepper, basil and salt, and toss until evenly coated with the spices.
Arrange- Spread the chicken and broccoli out evenly on air fryer trays. If you are using a basket-style air fryer, I recommend cooking the recipe in two batches (depending on the size of your basket). Arrange lemon slices over top.
Cook- Add the trays to an air fryer heated to 400°F/ 200°C.
Stir + Rotate- Cook for 5 minutes before stirring up the chicken and broccoli and rotating the trays. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
Enjoy! Serve with yogurt and a starchy side dish.
- serve with a batch of perfect fluffy rice, or quinoa
- for a low carb option, serve with cauliflower rice or parmesan mashed cauliflower
- serve with roasted sweet potatoes (or microwave sweet potatoes if you're in a rush!)
- wrap it up in a tortilla or serve in a pita
- drizzle with plain yogurt or maple tahini sauce
- serve with tzatziki
Yes, this recipe works in any style air fryer, however depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may need to cook in two batches. Chicken can be touching but should not be stacked.
Yes, you could swap for cauliflower or brussels sprouts. Avoid quick-cooking vegetables like green beans.
With 4 g net carbs per serving, air fryer chicken and broccoli could fit into a keto diet.
Meal prep and storage
This recipe works well for meal prep and you can do it in one of two wayss:
1. Assemble ahead (don't cook)
Toss together the chicken, broccoli, oil and seasonings and store in an air tight container. Depending on the expiry date of your chicken, you can store it this way for 2-4 days.
When you are ready to cook, simply spread the chicken and broccoli out on your air fryer trays, and cook as directed. Add 1-2 minutes onto the cook time if the mixture is quite cold.
2. Cook ahead and reheat
The second way to meal prep this recipe is to cook it ahead, then cool and store in meal prep containers.
When you are ready to eat, you can reheat in the microwave until steaming hot, or you can heat at 400°F in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes.
Lemon Pepper Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts roughly 2 breasts; cut into 1.5 inch pieces; see note 1
- 1 crown broccoli roughly 4 cups; cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Prepare chicken and broccoli- Toss chicken and broccoli in olive oil, then add the lemon pepper, basil and salt, and toss until evenly coated.
- Arrange- Spread the chicken and broccoli on two trays of an oven-style air fryer or in a single layer in a basket-style air fryer (note 2). Chicken can be touching but should not be stacked.
- Cook- Heat air fryer to 400°F/ 200°C. Add the sheets (or basket) to the air fryer, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip- After 5 minutes, remove trays from the air fryer and use tongs to carefully stir up and flip the chicken. If using an oven-style air fryer, rotate trays so the top tray goes to the bottom and bottom tray to the top. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
- Enjoy- serve in a pita, or with a starchy side dish. Yogurt is delicious drizzled over the chicken and broccoli.
- Toss together the chicken, broccoli, oil and seasonings and store in an air tight container. Depending on the expiry date of your chicken, you can store it this way for 2-4 days.
- When you are ready to cook, simply spread the chicken and broccoli out on your air fryer trays, and cook as directed. Add 1-2 minutes onto the cook time if the mixture is quite cold.