Freezer-friendly meal prep lunch recipes are perfect for those days when you don’t have leftovers or anything prepped for lunch. Do a big prep session and stock up, and you won’t be sorry!
I get asked all the time: don’t you get tired of eating the same thing 4-5 days in a row? The truth is, I don’t eat the same thing 4-5 days in a row. I have a secret weapon: my freezer stash of meal prep lunches!
Having a freezer stash means I have a back up plan if I don’t have time to meal prep. It also means that I can swap portions in and out for some variety.
After a few years of experimenting, I know what tends to freeze well and what does not.
Which meal prep recipes tend to freeze well?
- stir fries
- rice and quinoa freeze/thaw well
- cauliflower rice is OK, it gets a little bit softer but not to the point of being unappetizing. If you freeze cauliflower rice in a sauce, this becomes a problem
I like to freeze ‘saucy’ meals, that is something that comes with a sauce (so curries and stir fries). Portion them out with rice or quinoa, both of which freeze/thaw well.
Veggies- some veggies freeze better than others. Zucchini is a hard pass for me. Snap peas are Ok. Broccoli and cauliflower are great, but you have to steam them first.
I’ll be writing more on this topic soon!
Let’s check out these 34 Freezer Friendly Meal Prep Recipes!
18. Freezer Cauliflower Rice Black Bean Burritos from Sweet Peas & Saffron (Best crisped up in a frying pan or on a sandwich press after thawing) // 19. Easy Chicken Parmesan Wraps from Two Healthy Kitchens
24. Turkey Zucchini Noodle Lasagna from Sweet Peas & Saffron // 25. Spinach, Bacon, Cheese Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust from Recipe Runner
34. Healthy Breakfast Burritos with Mushrooms & Kale from Sweet Peas & Saffron
Makes for an excellent breakfast or lunch!