Instant Pot pork tenderloin with soy ginger sauce is juicy, flavorful, and ready in under 25 minutes! Spoon the soy ginger sauce over the pork tenderloin, rice, or veggies. Assemble ahead and freeze in Instant Pot freezer packs for an easy weeknight dinner.
Impromptu and totally unplanned recipe here…I think I said I would be taking a break from Instant Pot recipes for awhile but this soy ginger pork tenderloin was TOO GOOD to keep from you!
We don’t eat pork very often, but if we do, it is always pork tenderloin. Sometimes we grill it but usually we bake it. And today I’m sharing my new favorite way to cook pork tenderloin: in the Instant Pot!!
Not only is it totally juicy and tender, but it cooks in almost no time at all. 5 minutes high pressure with 7 minutes natural pressure release.
Since there’s barely anything in the IP it doesn’t take long to come to pressure. So basically you can have this Instant Pot pork tenderloin with soy ginger sauce on your table in under 25 minutes. WIN!
There is now a chicken version of this recipe: Instant Pot Soy Ginger Chicken
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save it for later!
How to make this Instant Pot pork tenderloin
- mix together six simple ingredients for the soy ginger sauce (you probably have these in your pantry already!)
- cook the pork tenderloin right in the sauce
- remove the tenderloin to rest while you thicken the sauce using the sautee function of the Instant Pot
- spoon the sauce over your Instant Pot pork tenderloin, rice, veggies, and enjoy!
It really is that simple. Woo hoo!
This soy ginger sauce is my new love. It is sticky, sweet, savory and gingery. Kai complained about the chunks of ginger, so if you aren’t a fan of chopped ginger, use a box grater to get them nice and fine.
Not only that, this recipe can be prepped ahead and frozen as Instant Pot freezer packs. Perfect if you are expecting a baby, or helping out a family member who is in need of easy dinners.
Or if you’re just plain busy! Enjoy!
Tips for perfect Instant Pot pork tenderloin with soy ginger sauce:
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot
- My pork tenderloin was 300 g/ 10 oz; if you are using a larger tenderloin, add a minute or two onto the cook time, or sautee the tenderloin in the sauce for a few minutes after releasing the pressure
- brown sugar may be swapped for maple syrup or honey
- Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out this Honey Sesame Chicken Breast, this Instant Pot Quinoa Enchilada Casserole, and these 7 Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipes
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Soy Ginger Sauce
- 10 oz pork tenderloin (300 g; see note 1)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (reduced sodium recommended)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (see note 2)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (finely chopped or grated on a box grater; see note 3)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- sesame seeds
- green onion
- Stir together all the sauce ingredients in the base of your Instant Pot.
- Add the pork tenderloin, and set the steam release handle to 'sealed'. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes, then allow the pressure to naturally release for 7 minutes. If there is any pressure remaining, release it.
- Check that your pork tenderloin has reached an internal temperature of 145°F using a digital thermometer. If it is ready, remove the pork tenderloin from the Instant Pot and set aside to rest. If not, set the pot to 'sautee' and simmer the pork tenderloin for a few minutes, until 145°F is reached.
- Stir together the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water, then add to the sauce in the Instant Pot. Press the sautee button and allow to cook, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Using oven mitts, remove the pot from the Instant Pot and set aside so your sauce doesn't burn.
- Serve with rice and veggies, spoon the sauce over everything.
- reheat in a covered frying pan over low heat until warmed through
- thaw completely before cooking as directed in the recipe card