Sesame ginger beef and zucchini noodles is a delicious lower carb lunch option that is perfect for meal prep! Not only is it fast to make, but tastes delicious and only 4 g net carbs.
After the popularity of the Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe from December, I’m back with a little remix!
This sesame ginger beef with zucchini noodles has very similar elements: ground beef cooked in a savory sauce, and a low carb vegetable. Unlike the egg roll in a bowl, we do not toss our zucchini noodles in the sauce until we reheat.
This is a super simple recipe to prep (ready in 20 minutes!), and is light, but filling. So good!
Reasons to love this sesame ginger beef + zucchini noodles:
- it is low carb with only 4 g net carbs
- it is prepped in under 20 minutes
- you get four delicious light, but filling lunch portions
How to make sesame ginger beef and zucchini noodles
This is a seriously easy meal to prep!
- First, shake up a simple sauce of low sodium soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and monk fruit sweetener (or honey). Set aside.
- Cook 1 lb ground beef. Make a space in the middle, add sesame oil, and cook 3 cloves garlic & 1 tablespoon ginger for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce, toss to coat, and allow it to reduce slightly.
- Divide between meal prep containers with spiralized zucchini
Do I cook the zucchini noodles? If you are eating right away, yes, add the zucchini noodles to the sauce and cook for a few minutes until softened. If you are using for meal prep, nope! When you reheat the bowls in the microwave, your zucchini will cook through.
Can I swap the zucchini noodles for something? Sure, you can add in some whole wheat spaghetti if you are not low carb, you can swap the zucchini noodles for cauliflower rice, or you can supplement with other veggies. Spiralized carrots and cabbage might be a great addition!
Can I make this meatless? Sure, swap the ground beef for a block of extra firm tofu (crumbled). It should work well!
Tips & equipment for sesame ginger beef + zucchini noodles:
- I used 100% grass-fed lean ground beef from TruLocal, which is an amazing company that supplies Canadians with locally sourced quality meat. If you want to save $25 off your first TruLocal order, use the code DENISE7297
- Meal prep containers- I used these ones, but you can also use 1 compartment containers (just layer the zucchini noodles on top of the beef to keep them from getting soggy)
- Looking for more low carb meal prep recipes? Check out these Ranch Chicken Jar Salads, this Low Carb Indian Chicken Skillet, or these Low Carb Meatball Burrito Bowls
Sesame Ginger Beef + Zucchini Noodles
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (or Bragg's liquid aminos)
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit sweetener (or 2 tablespoons maple syrup/honey if you are not low carb
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (finely grated)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 medium zucchinis (spiralized)
- Shake together the soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and monk fruit sweetener and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a spatula, for 7-10 minutes, or until cooked through. Carefully drain the pan if needed.
- Make a space in the beef and add the sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sauce and toss the beef to coat. Cook for 1 minute until evenly coated and remove from heat.
- Divide up the beef between four 2-cup capacity storage containers with the spiralized zucchini.
- Store in air-tight containers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To re-heat, heat in the microwave until steaming hot. Mix the beef/sauce with the zucchini noodles and enjoy.