This egg roll in a bowl is the perfect low carb lunch for you! With only 7 g net carbs, this recipe has broccoli cole slaw, ground pork, and a delicious Asian sauce.
Friends, I’m ready. Ready for that healthy New Years reset. How about you? If you’re starting to think about getting back into a meal prep routine, today’s egg roll in a bowl is perfect for you!
Disclaimer: this post was sponsored by Mann’s. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love!
I used Mann’s Broccoli Cole Slaw in this egg roll in a bowl, and it really cuts the prep time down! Full of veggies including broccoli stems, cabbage, and carrots, this slaw is perfect for meal prep because it can hold up for several days in the sauce.
Not only that, but Mann’s Broccoli Cole Slaw is so good for you, rich in Vitamins A and C, contains fibre and iron, and is low in carbs.
You can find Mann’s Broccoli Cole Slaw in the produce department in grocery stores across the US and Canada, and you can find more recipes to use it on their website!
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
We love this egg roll in a bowl because
- you can have it prepped and ready in under 20 minutes
- it’s low carb and gluten-free, but filling and satisfying
- it works perfectly for meal prep
Learn all the tips and ticks to making egg roll in a bowl by watching the video below! You can find more of my recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
How to make this egg roll in a bowl recipe
Thanks to Mann’s Broccoli Cole Slaw, the prep time on this egg roll in a bowl recipe is spent shaking together your sauce, chopping your ginger and mincing your garlic.
- combine soy (or liquid aminos), honey (or monk fruit sweetner) and apple cider vinegar and shake to combine.
- cook ground pork (you can swap for ground turkey or ground beef as well!)
- make a space in the middle and sautee the garlic and ginger in the sesame oil
- add the sauce, then the bag of Mann’s Broccoli Cole Slaw
- cook for 3 minutes, until slaw is *slightly* wilted
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onion and enjoy!
Need a visual of this process? Watch the video below to see exactly how I prepped my Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe. It’s so easy! You can find more of my recipe videos on my YouTube channel, or on Facebook.
Can I swap the ground pork? Yes! Swap for any type of ground meat. I also tried with ground turkey and it was great.
How long does this low carb egg roll in a bowl last for? You can store this in the fridge for up to 4 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Do you reheat this low carb egg roll in a bowl or eat it cold? You could do either but I prefer it warmed.
Tips & equipment for low carb egg roll in a bowl
- I cooked my egg roll in a bowl in a a standard non stick pan
- Meal prep containers: I love these ones!
- Looking for more Low Carb Lunch Recipes? Try this Low Carb Satay Beef Meal Prep, this Low Carb Meatloaf & Cauliflower Mash, and this Santa Fe Low Carb Chicken Meal Prep! Or check out this round up with 26+ Low Carb Meal Prep Recipes!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (finely grated)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 12 oz Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw (340 g; 1 bag)
- 1/4 cup liquid soy seasoning (AKA: Bragg's liquid aminos. Can swap for low sodium soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit sweetener (or 2 tablespoons maple syrup/honey if you are not low carb)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the pork, and cook, breaking it up with a spatula, until it is cooked through and no longer pink. Drain if there is excess grease in the pan.
- Make a space in the middle of the pan and add the sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Cook for one minute.
- Add the bag of cole slaw and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- While slaw is cooking, shake together the soy seasoning, apple cider vinegar and monk fruit sweetener. Pour it evenly over the pan and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) and green onions and enjoy.
- Portion out into 2-cup capacity storage containers and store for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- Enjoy cold or heated through.