This vegan roasted vegetable meal prep has a tangy turmeric tahini sauce for you to drizzle over everything!
If there’s one thing I know about fall, it’s that sheet pan meals are king. I like to do ‘clean out the fridge’ meal preps, where I find anything in the bottom of my crisper and throw it on the sheet pan.
Sometimes I use one of these 7 Spice Blends on the veggies, but for today’s recipe, I whipped up a delicious turmeric tahini sauce!
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Reasons you’ll love this roasted veggie meal prep
- it’s vegan and gluten-free
- you can switch out the veggies for whatever you might have on hand
- the turmeric tahini sauce is basically liquid sunshine
How to make it
Like I mentioned, you can swap out these vegetables for a number of different vegetables including sweet potato, brussels sprouts, carrots and bell peppers.
- Cook up some quinoa…I use my rice cooker to cook quinoa!
- For this recipe, I used 6 cups of butternut squash cubes, broccoli and cauliflower, and simply tossed in olive oil, then sprinkled with a bit of salt and pepper. (6 cups sounds like a lot, but they will shrink during roasting and you’ll end up with about 1 cup of roasted veggies per meal prep bowl.)
- Divide the cooked quinoa and a can of cooked chickpeas between four meal prep bowls, then portion out the veggies.
- Shake up the turmeric tahini sauce. Portion out into small condiment containers…don’t drizzle the sauce on until just before you serve!
How long are these meal prep bowls good for?
You can store these in the fridge for up to 4 days. I don’t recommend freezing roasted vegetables as they can end up slimy.
Can I swap the chickpeas?
Sure! You could swap for a chicken breast if you are not vegan (here’s my recipe for Perfect Baked Chicken Breast). You could also swap for baked tofu if you’d prefer! Here’s my favorite Baked Tofu Recipe (note- tofu will not stay crispy for meal prep)
Can I swap the turmeric tahini sauce?
- I recently invested in a good quality sheet pan (these ones!) and wished I had sooner!
- these are my favorite meal prep containers and these are my condiment containers
- Looking for more vegan meal prep recipes? Try these Pineapple BBQ Tofu Meal Prep Bowls, these Portobello Fajita Meal Prep, this Vegan Teriyaki Meal Prep or this round up with more than 65 Vegan Meal Prep Recipes!
Vegan Roasted Vegetable Meal Prep with Turmeric Tahini Sauce
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups butternut squash (peeled, seeded & cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 cups broccoli (cut into bite-sized florets)
- 2 cups cauliflower (cut into bite-sized florets)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 15 oz chickpeas (from a can; drained & rinsed)
Turmeric Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water (or more to thin)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Divide out into four 2-cup capacity meal prep containers.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss the butternut squash, broccoli and cauliflower in olive oil. Arrange on a large baking sheet and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Roast vegetables for 20-30 minutes, until soft and cooked through. Butternut squash *may* take slightly longer than the broccoli & cauliflower.
- Divide roasted veggies and can of chickpeas between the four meal prep containers.
- Shake together all ingredients for the turmeric tahini sauce and portion out into four condiment containers.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Remove turmeric tahini sauce and heat meal prep bowls until steaming hot. Dress with the tahini sauce and enjoy.