This vegan meal prep recipe pairs roasted vegetables, chickpeas and quinoa with a deliciously creamy turmeric tahini sauce.
When it comes to vegan meal prep recipes, I'm all about a delicious sauce to drizzle over everything. Whether it's a vegan sushi bowl or cold sesame noodles, it's just all about that sauce 😉
These roasted veggie meal prep bowls get a creamy flavor boost from the turmeric tahini sauce.
Adapted from my favorite maple tahini dressing, we've added cumin, coriander, garlic powder and turmeric to boost the flavors and give it a beautiful sunny appearance.
Drizzle over the veggies, quinoa and chickpeas for a nutritious, plant-powered meal that will fuel your body all afternoon long.
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Reasons you'll ♡ this recipe
- the turmeric tahini sauce is luscious and flavorful
- it's vegan and gluten-free, yet filling and satisfying
- it's very flexible and perfect as a 'clean out the fridge' meal prep
- veggies- we are roasting up broccoli, cauliflower and butternut squash, but consider this supremely flexible! Swap them out for brussels sprouts, bell peppers, onions, sweet potatoes, or what you have in the fridge; adjust the cook time as needed.
- chickpeas- to boost the protein, we are adding cooked, canned chickpeas. Consider cooking your own Instant Pot chickpeas (they have so much more flavor than canned!), and you can even roast them up with the veggies for a nice toasty flavor.
- tahini- sesame seed paste which is usually found with the nut butters, or in the international foods aisle of your grocery store.
- quinoa- for a healthy carbohydrate base, we are using quinoa. You may swap for rice, farro, or even cauliflower rice.
Step by step directions
1. Cook quinoa- Start by cooking up ¾ cup quinoa. Here are three ways you can cook it:
Allow quinoa to cool.
2. Roast veggies- Toss 6 cups of butternut squash cubes, broccoli and cauliflower in olive oil, then arrange on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast at 425°F for 20-30 minutes, stirring them up halfway through.
Set aside and allow to cool.
3. Make the sauce- In a half pint jar or other small container, shake up the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, water, cumin, ground coriander, garlic powder, turmeric and salt. Add water as needed to thin the sauce out.
4. Portion out- Between four meal prep containers, divide up the quinoa, roasted vegetables, and one can of chickpeas, drained. Divide the turmeric tahini sauce between four condiment containers.
5. Store- Refrigerate for up to 4 days. Heat the bowls in the microwave, then scoop the sauce out and toss everything up in it.
You can store these in the fridge for up to 4 days. I don't recommend freezing roasted vegetables as they can end up slimy.
Sure! You could swap for a chicken breast if you are not vegan (here's my recipe for Perfect Baked Chicken Breast). You could also swap for baked tofu if you'd prefer! Here's my favorite Baked Tofu Recipe (note- tofu will not stay crispy for meal prep)
Sure! You could use the Almond Butter sauce from these Cold Sesame Noodle Bowls. You could also use this Balsamic Reduction for a totally different flavor!
These are my favorite meal prep containers and these are my condiment containers
More vegan meal prep bowls
- Spicy Tofu Noodle Meal Prep Bowls
- Pineapple BBQ Tofu Meal Prep Bowls
- Portobello Fajita Meal Prep
- Vegan Teriyaki Meal Prep
- 65 Vegan Meal Prep Recipes
Did you make this? Tag me on social @sweetpeasandsaffron and be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe!
Vegan Roasted Vegetable Meal Prep with Turmeric Tahini Sauce
- ¾ cup quinoa uncooked; 2 cups cooked; see note 1
- 2 cups butternut squash peeled, seeded & cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups broccoli cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 cups cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 15 oz chickpeas from a can; drained & rinsed; see note 2
Turmeric Tahini Sauce
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water or more to thin
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Cook quinoa- Start by cooking up ¾ cup quinoa. Here are three ways you can cook it:
- Roast veggies- Heat oven to 425°F. Toss 6 cups of butternut squash cubes, broccoli and cauliflower in olive oil, then arrange on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast at 425°F for 20-30 minutes, stirring them up halfway through.
- Make the sauce- In a half pint jar or other small container, shake up the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, water, cumin, ground coriander, garlic powder, turmeric and salt. Add water as needed to thin the sauce out.
- Portion out- Between four meal prep containers, divide up the quinoa, roasted vegetables, and one can of chickpeas, drained. Divide the turmeric tahini sauce between four condiment containers.
- Store- Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- To serve- Remove the sauce from the containers, then heat the bowls in the microwave. Scoop the sauce out and toss everything up in it.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Leave a Comment