Spicy tofu noodle meal prep bowls are the perfect healthy alternative when you are craving a big bowl of noodles! With whole wheat spaghetti, zucchini noodles, tofu and a sweet/savory/spicy sauce.
There's just something about noodles that screams comfort food, isn't there? I love a big bowl of noodles, but I also love sneaking some zucchini noodles in there too. These spicy tofu noodle meal prep bowls might just be my new favorite lunch recipe!
If these photos look familiar, you may have made my Cold Sesame Noodles Meal Prep! They were 100% the inspiration for this recipe, but I swapped chickpeas for tofu and gave the sauce a totally different flavor.
Guys, this recipe took me FOUR TRIES to get right. I needed a sauce that had some flay-vah, but also the right balance of tangy, spicy, sweet and savory, and I finally nailed it with this recipe.
And the great news is that it works perfectly for meal prep!
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
We love these spicy tofu noodle meal prep bowls because
- you can't really tell the zucchini noodles are even in there; it's just a big slurp-able bowl of noodles!
- the sauce is sweet, spicy, tangy and savory
- the tofu holds it's texture well over the course of four days
How to make them
There are a few different components to this recipe but you can multitask and have it all done in under 45 minutes!
- Tofu- press it, cut it into ½ inch cubes, and toss in olive oil, salt & pepper. Fry it up for about 15 minutes to give it a nice, chewy texture.
- Sauce- 5 ingredients and 5 minutes. Shake it up, then divide into condiment containers (I use these ones)
- Pasta- I used whole wheat pasta, you could probably change it up for gluten-free if you are GF...but I haven't tried! Cook it up, then portion out with the zucchini noodles (don't cook the zucchini noodles)
Can I swap out the tofu? Absolutely, you can swap it out for some chickpeas, or if you're not vegetarian, some cooked chicken.
How long do these tofu meal prep bowls keep for? These guys keep in the fridge for up to 4 days. They are not freezer-friendly.
Do you eat these hot or cold? You could do either, but we heat ours up! Toss in the sauce first so it kind of absorbs into the pasta/zucchini noodles as it heats.
Tips & equipment
- I love these meal prep containers and these re-usable condiment containers
- make sure to use extra-firm tofu
- looking for more vegan meal prep recipes? Try this Vegan Moroccan Chickpea Skillet, these Roasted Veggie Meal Prep Bowls with Turmeric Tahini Sauce, and this round up with more than 65 Vegan Meal Prep Recipes!
Spicy Tofu Noodles Meal Prep
- 12 oz block of tofu
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini (spiralized)
- 4 oz uncooked whole wheat pasta
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (more for spice!)
Prepare the Tofu:
- Remove tofu from package, draining extra liquid. Sandwich the tofu between two paper towels on a plate. Top with a second plate and place a heavy object, such as a 28 oz can, on top. Press for at least 30 minutes to remove extra liquid.
- When the time is up, discard the paper towels and cut the tofu into ½ inch cubes. Toss in olive oil and salt and pepper, and sautee for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tofu is lightly golden.
- Portion cooked tofu out into four 2-cup capacity storage containers.
Meal Prep Bowls:
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, cool slightly, then divide between meal prep containers.
- Divide zucchini noodles between four meal prep containers (do not cook).
- Shake together sauce and portion out into small condiment containers (roughly 1.5 tablespoons per portion).
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, green onions and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Dress with the sauce, then heat meal prep bowls until steaming hot. Enjoy!