Low carb meatloaf and cauliflower mash meal prep is healthy comfort food. Makes five delicious servings perfect for a low carb lunch.
While not exactly the prettiest recipe on this site, this low carb meatloaf and cauliflower mash should not be judged by it’s appearance 😉
It is full of flavor, and tastes like indulgent comfort food, all while clocking in at only 267 calories and 7 g net carbs. Say whaaa?
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
This low carb meatloaf & cauliflower mash
- is filling (with 34 g of protein!), but light, with only 267 calories
- can be prepped in under an hour
- makes 5 lunch servings, to set you up with healthy lunches for the week
How to make low carb meatloaf & cauliflower mash
There are three components to this recipe.
- Low Carb Meatloaf Cups- I swapped ketchup for sugar-free ketchup and breadcrumbs for almond flour to make my regular meatloaf cups low carb. I also used ground turkey because I prefer it over ground beef but feel free to swap!
- Mashed Cauliflower- I used this Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower recipe, but you could use the Slow Cooker & Stove Top version as well.
- Broccoli- I gave it a quick steam in the microwave to save on time. You could also pop it in the oven for a few minutes with the meatloaf!
This recipe is a bit more effort than my normal meal prep recipes, but it is well worth the effort. I haven’t tested, but I suspect this recipe would freeze really well!
Can I swap the mashed cauliflower? Sure! You could make some easy Cauliflower Rice, or you could use zucchini noodles, even some spaghetti squash!
Can I turn this low carb meatloaf into a traditional meatloaf recipe? Yes! Simply place it in a 9 x 5 loaf pan and bake at 350 for 55 minutes. I like to put a strip of parchment under the loaf so it’s easier to get it out after baking.
Tips and equipment for this recipe
- I use these silicone or parchment liners for the muffin tray
- Meal prep containers: I love these ones
- Looking for more low carb meal prep recipes? Try this Low Carb Cheesy Chicken & Rice, this Cauliflower Fried Rice, these Low Carb Breakfast Meal Prep Bowls or this round up with more than 26 Low Carb Meals Perfect For Meal Prep
Low Carb Meatloaf & Cauliflower Mash
Low Carb Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 teaspoons sugar-free ketchup
Parmesan Cauliflower Mash
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups broccoli florets, steamed
Low Carb Meatloaf Cups
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tray with 10 silicone or parchment liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, almond flour, egg, worcestershire, salt, basil and oregano. Divide mixture between the muffin tray. Press down gently with your fingers.
- Spoon the sugar-free ketchup over each meatloaf cup and spread around.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until cooked through. Allow to cool completely before popping the meatloaf cups out of the liners.
Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower
- Place the stock and garlic cloves in the bottom of a 6 quart Instant Pot. Place the trivet on top and the cauliflower on the trivet.
- Cook for 15 minutes on the steam setting. Do a quick pressure release (release the pressure immediately when the IP beeps). Allow the cauliflower to rest with the lid open for 10 or so minutes, until it cools slightly and it safer to handle (and allows extra moisture to drip off).
- Carefully transfer the cauliflower to a new pot with as little liquid as possible from the Instant Pot.
- Mash with the yogurt, cheese, salt and pepper.
- For slow cooker and stove top instructions, click here.
- In a large glass measuring cup, add the broccoli and 1/4 cup of water. Cover and microwave for 3-5 minutes, until broccoli is slightly soft. Remember it will cook more when you re-heat so a bit of crunch is OK.
- Divide between 5 2-cup capacity glass storage containers. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Heat in the microwave until steaming hot.