Low carb meatloaf and cauliflower mash meal prep is healthy comfort food. Makes five delicious servings perfect for a low carb lunch.
Meal prep is such a great way to help you stick to your healthy eating goals, whether it's to eat more vegetables, or to keep your carbs within a certain range. Like this egg roll in a bowl and low carb satay beef meal prep, this low carb meat loaf meal prep bowl is low in carbs, but not in flavor!
This recipe is full of flavor, and tastes like indulgent comfort food, all while clocking in at only 267 calories and 7 g net carbs. Prep it ahead for easy reheat lunches all week!
You'll ♡ this recipe because...
- is filling (with 34 g of protein!), but light, with only 267 calories
- can be prepped in under an hour
- makes 5 lunch servings, to set you up with healthy lunches for the week
- ground turkey- while we've used ground turkey to make the meatloaves, you can swap for lean ground beef or even ground pork.
- almond flour- acts as a breadcrumb replacement, but can be left out if you'd like.
- sugar-free ketchup- to keep the carbs low, make sure you are using sugar-free ketchup
- greek yogurt- you can swap for sour cream to increase the fat content
- broccoli- we are serving with steamed broccoli, but consider this a suggestion; green beans, asparagus, mushrooms or zucchini would all work great
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Step by step directions
1. Prep the mini meatloaves- In a medium-sized bowl, add the ground turkey, almond flour, egg, worcestershire, salt, basil and oregano. Mix with your hands or a spatula until completely combined.
Press the meatloaf mixture into a greased or silicone lined muffin tray. Spread the ketchup over the tops.
Bake in a 350°F degree oven for 25 minutes, or until the meatloaves reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
TIP- if you don't have silicone muffin liners, you can use parchment, or just spray the muffin tin with oil
2. Make the parmesan mashed cauliflower- You can cook the cauliflower in an Instant Pot or on the stove top:
Once cooked through, drain the cauliflower well before mashing it with parmesan cheese, greek yogurt, salt and pepper.
TIP- If you want the mashed cauliflower extra fluffy, drain it really well, then mash it in the food processor
3. Steam the broccoli- the final step is to cook your broccoli. You could actually cook it any number of ways (see how to cook broccoli), but we are showing you how to steam it.
Heat ½ inch water in a pan or pot. Add broccoli, cover and steam for 3-5 minutes, until bright green and slightly softened.
TIP- undercook your broccoli slightly, since we will be cooking it a second time when we reheat the meal prep bowls in the microwave
4. Portion & store- Divide the meatloaves, mashed cauliflower and steamed broccoli between 5 two cup meal prep containers. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days*.
*since this recipe makes 5 portions, you might want to freeze one for later
5. Reheat- Heat in the microwave until steaming hot.
Yes! Simply place it in a 9 x 5 loaf pan and bake at 350 for 55 minutes. I like to put a strip of parchment under the loaf so it's easier to get it out after baking.
Yes, however be warned that the mashed cauliflower leaks water after thawing. You may want to store it separately.
More low carb meal prep options
- Low Carb Cheesy Chicken & Rice
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Low Carb Breakfast Meal Prep Bowls
- 26 Low Carb Meals Perfect For Meal Prep
☆ Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear how it turned out! Leave me a review and star rating in the comments below. Your reviews help so much!
Low Carb Meatloaf & Cauliflower Mash
Low Carb Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground turkey see note 1
- ¼ cup almond flour see note 2
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 teaspoons sugar-free ketchup
Parmesan Cauliflower Mash
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup chicken stock or vegetable
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup greek yogurt see note 3
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups broccoli florets, steamed
Low Carb Meatloaf Cups
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tray with 10 silicone or parchment liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, almond flour, egg, worcestershire, salt, basil and oregano. Divide mixture between the muffin tray. Press down gently with your fingers.
- Spoon the sugar-free ketchup over each meatloaf cup and spread around.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until cooked through. Allow to cool completely before popping the meatloaf cups out of the liners.
Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower
- Place the stock and garlic cloves in the bottom of a 6 quart Instant Pot. Place the trivet on top and the cauliflower on the trivet.
- Cook for 15 minutes on the steam setting. Do a quick pressure release (release the pressure immediately when the IP beeps). Allow the cauliflower to rest with the lid open for 10 or so minutes, until it cools slightly and it safer to handle (and allows extra moisture to drip off).
- Carefully transfer the cauliflower to a new pot with as little liquid as possible from the Instant Pot.
- Mash with the yogurt, cheese, salt and pepper.
- For slow cooker and stove top instructions, click here.
- In a large glass measuring cup, add the broccoli and ¼ cup of water. Cover and microwave for 3-5 minutes, until broccoli is slightly soft. Remember it will cook more when you re-heat so a bit of crunch is OK.
- Divide between 5 2-cup capacity glass storage containers. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Heat in the microwave until steaming hot.