Bruschetta chicken is smothered with buttery havarti cheese and a cherry tomato bruschetta, then drizzled with balsamic reduction for a total flavor bomb! Ready in 40 minutes, and meal prep friendly.
When it comes to chicken, you just can’t beat the classic combo of tomatoes, basil and cheese…this caprese chicken quinoa salad and this caprese chicken pasta bake are proof! Bruschetta chicken is another absolutely delicious way to enjoy these flavors.
This post has been generously sponsored by Arla Canada. As always, the opinions and language are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love!
Bringing you my family’s new obsession: bruschetta chicken bake! Not only is this so simple to prepare, but it’s absolutely delicious.
Topping the chicken with Arla Creamy Havarti Wedges gives the chicken such a huge flavor boost: creamy, buttery and the perfect compliment to the tangy bruschetta and balsamic reduction flavors.
Made with wholesome, natural ingredients, Arla Creamy Havarti Wedges are the perfect choice to feed my family. I love that Arla works side by side with dairy farmers to follow the milk directly from the farm to our table. Their cheese has a short and natural ingredients list, it is free from artificial flavors, colors and preservatives, as well as stabilizers, thickeners or gums.
We love eating it fresh from the package (I love this cheese on some crunchy green apples as well!), but guys…the perfect way to use this cheese is on this bruschetta chicken bake. Pinky swear!
To find out more about Arla Creamy Havarti Wedges and some other creative ways to use them, check out Arla’s website!
Why you’ll ♡ this bruschetta chicken
- it’s an absolute flavor explosion
- it’s made with wholesome ingredients
- it is meal prep-friendly!
Watch the video below to see step by step directions to make bruschetta chicken. It’s so easy! You can find more of my recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Which ingredients will we need?
I love that this recipe is made from so many fresh, tasty ingredients:
- Chicken breasts– we are using roughly 2 lbs; 4 large chicken breasts. Use boneless skinless.
- Balsamic ‘marinade’– you do not have to marinate it if you are short on time, but we are baking the chicken in a mixture of extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, dried basil and dried oregano
- Cherry tomato bruschetta– made with cherry tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil, red onion, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar
- Havarti cheese– to boost the flavor, give the chicken a creamy, gooey topping.
- Balsamic reduction– you can purchase this in the salad dressing aisle (it may also be called ‘balsamic glaze’, or you can make your own homemade balsamic reduction)
Tips for perfect chicken
- to marinate or not to marinate- totally up to you! If you have time, I’d let the chicken sit for a few hours in the olive oil + balsamic vinegar
- balsamic reduction– make sure you don’t skip this ingredient, it’s the absolute perfect finishing touch. You can often find it in the salad dressing aisle, and it may sometimes be called balsamic glaze.
- you can also make your own balsamic reduction with 2 simple ingredients
- meal prep- you can meal prep this in one of two ways.
- Prep ingredients ahead (up to 24 hours)- get the chicken into the balsamic ‘marinade’, and store in the fridge until you are ready to bake. Chop your tomatoes, garlic and onions 24 hours ahead. DO NOT chop basil ahead as it will brown.
- Re-heat- alternatively, you can bake this recipe all the way through and store in the fridge for 1-2 days. Re-heat at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is warmed through. The tomatoes will be softer but are still so tasty!
Find my baking dish and other kitchen equipment in my shop!
Can I grill bruschetta chicken?
While I haven’t tested, I think that would work fantastically! Marinate for 2-24 hours, shake off excess, and follow cooking directions in this post for this perfect grilled chicken breast. Add the cheese during the last few minutes of cooking, but just add the bruschetta raw. We wouldn’t want to loose any tomatoes through the grates of your grill!
Can I use another cut of chicken?
Yes, you could do that, however I am unsure of cook times. Cook until your chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (I use this digital thermometer), and then add the havarti + bruschetta.
More chicken recipes
- Perfect Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- The JUICIEST Baked Chicken Breasts
- Lemon Garlic Greek Chicken Marinade
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Easy Breaded Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Baked Bruschetta Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices Arla Havarti Wedges
- balsamic reduction (also called 'balsamic glaze')
Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
- 2 cups tomatoes halved
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (loosely packed)
- salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss chicken breasts in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Arrange in a large baking dish and sprinkle with minced garlic, dried basil and oregano, and salt. Optional- marinate for 2-24 hours.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until chicken is at or near an internal temperature of 165°F
- While chicken is baking, mix together the cherry tomato bruschetta, and prepare cheese slices.
- Place cheese slices over chicken breasts, then scatter the bruschetta over top. Return the chicken to the oven for another 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
To prepare ahead
- Chicken may be 'marinated' in the balsamic/olive oil mixture for up to 24 hours. Cherry tomatoes, garlic and onions can be chopped 24 hours ahead. DO NOT chop basil ahead as it will brown.
- After cooking through, leftovers may be stored in the fridge for 1-2 days. Re-heat at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is warmed through. The tomatoes will be softer but are still so tasty!