Bruschetta chicken is smothered with buttery havarti cheese and a cherry tomato bruschetta, then drizzled with balsamic reduction for a total flavor bomb! Ready in 40 minutes, and meal prep friendly.
This post has been generously sponsored by Arla Canada. As always, the opinions and language are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love!
Bringing you my family’s new obsession: bruschetta chicken bake! Not only is this so simple to prepare, but it’s absolutely delicious.
Topping the chicken with Arla Creamy Havarti Wedges gives the chicken such a huge flavor boost: creamy, buttery and the perfect compliment to the tangy bruschetta and balsamic reduction flavors.
Made with wholesome, natural ingredients, Arla Creamy Havarti Wedges are the perfect choice to feed my family. I love that Arla works side by side with dairy farmers to follow the milk directly from the farm to our table. Their cheese has a short and natural ingredients list, it is free from artificial flavors, colors and preservatives, as well as stabilizers, thickeners or gums.
We love eating it fresh from the package (I love this cheese on some crunchy green apples as well!), but guys…the perfect way to use this cheese is on this bruschetta chicken bake. Pinky swear!
To find out more about Arla Creamy Havarti Wedges and some other creative ways to use them, check out Arla’s website!
Why you’ll ♡ this bruschetta chicken
- it’s an absolute flavor explosion
- it’s made with wholesome ingredients
- it is meal prep-friendly!
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Ingredients for bruschetta chicken bake
I love that this recipe is made from so many fresh, tasty ingredients. Here are the recipe components for this bruschetta chicken:
- Chicken breasts– we are using roughly 2 lbs; 4 large chicken breasts. Use boneless skinless.
- Balsamic ‘marinade’– you do not have to marinate it if you are short on time, but we are baking the chicken in a mixture of extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, dried basil and dried oregano
- Cherry tomato bruschetta– made with cherry tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil, red onion, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar
- Havarti cheese– to boost the flavor, give the chicken a creamy, gooey topping.
- Balsamic reduction– you can purchase this in the salad dressing aisle (it may also be called ‘balsamic glaze’, or you can make your own homemade balsamic reduction)
Let’s make this chicken bruschetta recipe!
This is SUCH a simple recipe to prepare, and you are rewarded with some serious flavor for very little effort.
- Prep chicken- toss the chicken in olive oil, balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with fresh minced garlic, salt, dried basil and dried oregano.
- Bake chicken- 25 min at 425°F.
- Prep bruschetta- while chicken bakes, toss together tomatoes, basil, red onion, salt & pepper and balsamic vinegar.
- Top chicken- with slices of Arla Creamy Havarti Loaf slices and bruschetta. Bake it for another 3-5 minutes until the cheese is goey and melted.
- The finishing touch- is a drizzle of balsamic reduction. A little goes a long way!
Can I grill bruschetta chicken?
While I haven’t tested, I think that would work fantastically! Marinate for 2-24 hours, shake off excess, and follow cooking directions in this post for this perfect grilled chicken breast. Add the cheese during the last few minutes of cooking, but just add the bruschetta raw. We wouldn’t want to loose any tomatoes through the grates of your grill!
Can I meal prep this chicken bruschetta recipe?
Yes! You can meal prep this in a few different ways.
- Prep ingredients ahead (up to 24 hours)– get the chicken into the balsamic ‘marinade’, and store in the fridge until you are ready to bake. Chop your tomatoes, garlic and onions 24 hours ahead. DO NOT chop basil ahead as it will brown.
- Re-heat- alternatively, you can bake this recipe all the way through and store in the fridge for 1-2 days. Re-heat at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is warmed through. The tomatoes will be softer but are still so tasty!
Can I use another cut of chicken?
Yes, you could do that, however I am unsure of cook times. Cook until your chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (I use this digital thermometer), and then add the havarti + bruschetta.
Tips & equipment for the perfect baked bruschetta chicken
- I baked my chicken in my favorite Everyday Large Baking Dish from Crate & Barrel
- Here’s my favorite digital thermometer to ensure the chicken is baked through
- Wondering what to serve with bruschetta chicken? How about one of these 7 Easy Rice Recipes (or 7 Cauliflower Rice Recipes), our Staple Kale Salad, or this Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower?
Baked Bruschetta Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices Arla Havarti Wedges
- balsamic reduction (also called 'balsamic glaze')
Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
- 2 cups tomatoes halved
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (loosely packed)
- salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss chicken breasts in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Arrange in a large baking dish and sprinkle with minced garlic, dried basil and oregano, and salt. Optional- marinate for 2-24 hours.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until chicken is at or near an internal temperature of 165°F
- While chicken is baking, mix together the cherry tomato bruschetta, and prepare cheese slices.
- Place cheese slices over chicken breasts, then scatter the bruschetta over top. Return the chicken to the oven for another 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
To prepare ahead
- Chicken may be 'marinated' in the balsamic/olive oil mixture for up to 24 hours. Cherry tomatoes, garlic and onions can be chopped 24 hours ahead. DO NOT chop basil ahead as it will brown.
- After cooking through, leftovers may be stored in the fridge for 1-2 days. Re-heat at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is warmed through. The tomatoes will be softer but are still so tasty!