This caprese chicken quinoa salad is the perfect spring salad. With cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, chicken and quinoa drizzled in a homemade balsamic vinaigrette!
When it comes to salad recipes, caprese salad is by far one of my all time faves! So today, I'm sharing my spin on caprese salad...with chicken, spinach, quinoa to make it a whole meal.
When you prep the ingredients for this salad ahead, assembly takes just 5 minutes! It's the perfect spingy dinner recipe and will leave you feeling satisfied and fuelled with the healthy ingredients.
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Reasons to love this caprese chicken quinoa salad:
- you can meal prep the ingredients ahead, then assemble in under 5 minutes
- it's gluten-free and full of clean, wholesome ingredients
- you can mix and match with ingredients you have on hand
How to make it
For this recipe, I used 7 simple ingredients (4 of which I prepped ahead). Toss them all together and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
- quinoa- which I cooked in my rice cooker
- shredded chicken- which I cooked in my Instant Pot
- balsamic vinaigrette- which I shook up ahead of time
- cherry tomatoes- you can wash ahead but should half them just before serving
- spinach- purchased pre-washed
- basil- to be chopped/shredded just before serving
- mozzarella- I bought baby bocconcini, and cut them in half
Can I use this salad as a meal prep lunch? I'd check out these caprese chicken salad lunch bowls for instructions.
Which other ingredients can I add? You can use up almost any veggie you have in the fridge, but here are some of my ideas for ingredient add-ins (or swaps):
- avocado (here's how to avoid avocado hand)
- bacon (have you tried cooking your bacon in the oven yet? Life changing!)
- asparagus (here are 5 ways to cook it)
- balsamic reduction (you only need 2 ingredients)
- salmon (here's how to avoid overcooking it)
Can I just cook the chicken in the oven? Absolutely! Try my perfect baked chicken breast (it gets amazing reviews!)
- I stored my prepped ingredients in these 8 cup glass storage containers from OXO and these 6 cup glass storage containers from Snapware
- I stored my balsamic vinaigrette in these ½ pint mason jars
- Looking for more caprese recipes? Try this Chicken Caprese Pasta Bake, this Caprese Instant Pot Chicken Thighs and this Caprese Chicken Gnocchi Skillet
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4 handfulls spinach
- ¼ cup fresh basil (torn or chopped)
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella (cut into small pieces)
- ⅓ cup homemade balsamic vinaigrette
- Assemble ingredients in bowls.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.