This raspberry spinach panzanella recipe contains sourdough bread, almonds, chicken, and raspberries. Drizzled in a creamy raspberry basil vinaigrette, it is ready in under 30 minutes!
Technically it’s not summer for another month yet, but lately, I’ve just had that summer state of mind.
We’ve eaten a ton of dinners outside, and spent a ton of time lounging on the deck. My house looks like a disaster, which is also characteristic of summer…who wants to be inside cleaning when there’s a deck lounger with my name on it and the sun is beaming down?!
When I think of that summery state of mind, for some reason my mind wanders to a panzanella salad (or Italian bread salad). I made this Panzanella Salad Recipe with Sausage and Smoky Buttermilk Dressing last summer and couldn’t wait to make another one!
So today’s raspberry spinach panzanella recipe is inspired by that summery state of mind. An easy, light (but filling), fruity salad. Super easy to prep, and perfect for eating outside.
Also…the raspberry bonanza continues.
After I made these Swirled Raspberry Meringue Nests I just had raspberries on the brain, and now we have three raspberry recipes in a row! I hope you’re as OK with that as I am 😉
Today’s recipe is the companion to Monday’s Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette recipe. If you missed that one, you should check it out!!
Here’s the run-down on this salad: You’re going to bake some chicken. Lightly pan-fry some sourdough bread. Toss together some feta, almonds, spinach, red onion and raspberries. And drizzle it all in raspberry basil vinaigrette.
That’s it. So simple, so easy, so delicious!
It has an awesome variety of textures: creamy, crunchy, bread-y, and flavors: sweet, savory, tangy. And it’s good for you!
Happy Thursday! What are your week-end plans? I’ll be in Salt Lake City at my first ever food blogging conference! Follow along on snapchat to see all the food and fun!
Raspberry Spinach Panzanella Recipe with Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper
- 8 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 batch of raspberry basil vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking dish with foil. Place the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and chicken in the dish, turning to coat the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for another 10 minutes (for small chicken breasts) or 15 minutes (for larger chicken breasts).
- Allow chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing into strips.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Toss the bread to coat in the olive oil, adding more as needed. You want a light coating.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat (stirring occasionally) for 5 minutes or until golden and slightly crunchy.
- Toss all ingredients together with raspberry basil vinaigrette.
Calories 363 // Fat 16 g // Saturated Fat 4 g // Cholesterol 52 mg // Sodium 402 mg // Carbohydrate 12 g // Fiber 6 g // Sugars 4 g // Protein 19 g
|Serving Size||¼ batch|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 363 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16 g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 4 g||20%|
|Cholesterol 52 mg||17%|
|Sodium 402 mg||17%|
|Carbohydrate 12 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 19 g|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|