Showing step by step instructions on how to cook bacon in the oven– the EASIEST way to cook bacon for a crowd or for meal prep!
Looking to cook a big batch of bacon without standing over the stove? BAKE IT!
Baking bacon in the oven is the easiest way to cook it. You end up with evenly cooked bacon that is also perfectly straight, which is perfect for sandwiches or freezer breakfast sandwiches.
Not only that but it’s so much more hands off. Pop it in the oven and you have your hands (and your stove top) free for other things. You just need to keep an eye on it during the last few minutes of cooking, and voila! Perfect bacon, every time.
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
We love baking bacon in the oven because
- it cooks evenly and ends up perfectly straight
- your hands and stove top are free to prep other things
- it’s just so easy
How to cook bacon in the oven
All you need is a good cookie sheet and some foil (or if you have really long & wide parchment, you could use that instead!).
Here’s how to cook bacon in the oven:
- line rimmed baking sheet with foil, folding the edges up so they trap any bacon grease
- arrange bacon in a single layer across the foil
- bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Mine was ready in 17 minutes!
- transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain
Do you get grease splatter while baking bacon in the oven? Surprisingly, no!
Do I need foil to make oven baked bacon? You can swap the foil with parchment paper if you have paper wide enough to fit the width of your baking sheet (sadly I did not). You can also bake without the foil, but your pan will require soaking and scrubbing.
Can I bake bacon on a rack over the foil? I tried this but the bacon just didn’t taste as crispy and delicious as the bacon that simmered in the grease. I recommend skipping the wire rack.
Do I need to flip the oven baked bacon? Nope! Isn’t that awesome?
How to use oven baked bacon
- in an Overnight Breakfast Casserole with Sweet Potatoes & Bacon
- in this Dairy-Free Quiche
- in these Mushroom Bacon Frozen Breakfast Sandwiches
- in this Apple Bacon Spinach Salad
- in these Crispy Overnight Yeast Waffles
- portion out with a Breakfast Egg Muffin for a low carb breakfast
Tips & equipment for cooking bacon in the oven
How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
- 1 package bacon (16-20 slices)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and fold edges up to prevent grease from running out. You can also use parchment but make sure it covers more than the whole pan (so the grease doesn't run under it).
- Arrange bacon in a single layer with not too much overlap.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. My bacon was perfect at 17 minutes. Keep an eye during the last few minutes so you don't overcook.