This raspberry basil vinaigrette is ready in 3 minutes, contains a full cup of raspberries, and no oil! Creamy, tangy, sweet and refreshing.
A good salad dressing brings life to a salad! This raspberry basil vinaigrette is light, creamy and so delicious. If you are looking for more delicious homemade dressings you have to check out this Roasted Strawberry Vinaigrette and this Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing.
I’m pretty excited about this raspberry basil vinaigrette, because not only does it taste pretty fantastic, but it is SO easy to make, and is good for you!
With a whole cup of raspberries, fresh basil leaves, a splash of red wine vinegar (you can also use balsamic vinegar), and some maple syrup to sweeten, it’s simple to prepare and is sweet and tangy.
Reasons you’ll ♡ this raspberry vinaigrette
- it is oil-free and made with fresh berries
- it is vegan, dairy-free, thick and creamy
- it’s sweet, tangy and fresh
Ingredients you’ll need
- Raspberries– go for fresh, sweet berries. If your berries are not at all sweet, consider increasing the maple syrup a touch to compensate
- Basil– you absolutely need fresh basil for this recipe; use the leaves only and discard the stems
- Red wine vinegar– adds a tanginess to this dressing that compliments the sweet berries. You may swap for balsamic vinegar, but the dressing will lose its bright red color
- Water– thins the dressing out a touch
- Sweetener– enhances the sweetness a touch since raspberries are not naturally overly sweet. Use honey, brown sugar or maple syrup.
- Dijon– enhances the flavors of the dressing, but does not taste like mustard
Making the dressing
To make raspberry basil vinaigrette, you’ll need a stand or immersion blender. A small food processor may also work. Blend all ingredients until smooth. Taste and add more maple syrup to sweeten or more water to thin out.
This dressing tastes best served right away as the fresh raspberry and basil flavors really come through. As it sits in the fridge, the flavors do dissipate a touch, but it’s still good. You may store for up to 1 week. I do not recommend freezing the dressing.
How to use this dressing
This dressing was developed to go on the raspberry Panzanella salad and works best on a light spinach salad with additional fresh berries.
- 4 Ingredient Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- 7 Basic Vinaigrette Recipes
- 5 Minute Asian Salad Dressing
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Healthy Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Homemade Italian Dressing Recipe
Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 cup raspberries fresh + sweet
- 1/4 cup basil fresh; loosely packed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar; see note 1
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup note 2; honey or brown sugar may be also be used in equal amounts
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or small bowl.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add additional sugar or vinegar if necessary.