Satisfy your inner goddess with this simple green goddess dressing! With a ton of fresh herbs, tahini, lemon and garlic, this vegan dressing is great on salads or used as a dip!
After sharing 7 Basic Vinaigrette Recipes with you, I’m off to tackle salad dressings now! Starting off with my favorite first, because who can resist a herby-tangy-creamy-dreamy green goddess dressing that you are going to want to slather over pretty much everything?!
I initially tried this green goddess dressing recipe with an avocado but actually preferred it with tahini instead. It’s just creamy enough, with the perfect drizzling consistency.
Not only is it delicious, but it keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days. After that, the fresh herbs start to deteriorate a bit.
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
We love this green goddess dressing because
- it packs a serious punch of flavor
- it is gluten-free, vegan and paleo
- it keeps in the fridge for several days
How to make green goddess salad dressing
You’re going to start with a whole bunch of fresh herbs for this green goddess salad dressing. I used fresh parsley, chives and basil. 1/3 cup tightly packed of each.
- Combine white wine vinegar, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and fresh herbs in a blender, or the cup that comes with an immersion blender
- Blend until smooth
- Enjoy immediately or store for up to 3 days!
That’s it! So simple.
What does green goddess salad dressing taste like? This dressing is tangy, creamy, and herby. It tastes super fresh and packs a punch of tangy flavor!
What goes well with green goddess salad dressing? This dressing works well on a number of things!
- on a simple chopped salad
- on a kale salad (massage the kale first)
- on a caesar-type of salad
- spooned over roasted veggies
- as a dip served with veggies
Can I freeze this green goddess dressing recipe? I haven’t tried but I suspect it wouldn’t work well with the fresh herbs. They may discolor and lose their ‘fresh’ ‘herby’ flavors.
Tips & equipment for this green goddess dressing recipe
- I used my favorite immersion blender, but a stand blender should work, too
- I store my leftover herbs in this herb keeper to keep them fresh
- Looking for more salad dressing recipes? Check out this Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing, this 4 Ingredient Balsamic Vinaigrette this 5 Minute Asian Salad Dressing, or this Homemade Italian Dressing
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/3 cup green onions (packed)
- 1/3 parsley (packed)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves (packed)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in the cup that comes with an immersion blender, or in a stand blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- This green goddess dressing keeps up to 3 days store in an air tight container in the fridge.