This classic Greek salad dressing is made from scratch with simple pantry ingredients! It takes just five minutes to mix up, and adds so much flavor to your salads!
Similar to our red wine vinaigrette or my favorite white wine vinaigrette - this classic Greek salad dressing is SO easy to mix up!
With simple ingredients that you most likely have in your pantry, you can whip up this Greek dressing in under 5 minutes.
It's great on a classic Greek salad, on pasta salad, or even as a marinade for chicken!
Reasons to love this recipe
- it's made from clean, simple pantry ingredients
- it takes 5 minutes to make
- it adds so much flavor to your salad!
- Red wine vinegar- we just opted for whatever is available in the grocery store aisle, but you can get a whole lot fancier than that! Here’s a great review from Cook’s Illustrated of the best red wine vinegars.
- Olive oil - we opt for a quality extra virgin olive oil in any vinaigrette recipe
- Dijon - while I’m not a fan of mustard, it is a key ingredient in any of our vinaigrette recipes! Not only does it add some depth of flavor, but it helps to keep the oil and vinegar from immediately separating (though they do over time).
- Maple syrup or honey - can be used interchangeably for some sweetness without refined sugar
- Herbs & spices - basil & oregano to give that characteristic Greek flavor to the dressing, and onion + garlic powder to give it some savory umami
Step by step directions
Shake together all ingredients.
Sure, you can definitely substitute fresh garlic!
You could swap the red wine vinegar for balsamic vinegar, or white wine vinegar.
Sure, just leave out the honey!
- Store in an airtight container or half-pint jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!
Did you make this? Tag me on social @sweetpeasandsaffron and be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe!
Greek Salad Dressing
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Dijon
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Shake together all ingredients.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Leave a Comment