This delicious strawberry steak salad is loaded with fresh berries, almonds, feta and arugula, topped with seared steak, and drizzled with a balsamic vinaigrette! A fast and easy week-night dinner.
I am a total sucker for a 'big salad' - like this minty Summer Couscous Salad and this protein-packed Caprese Chicken Quinoa Salad. But this strawberry steak salad is one of my favorite salads of all time!
There is just so much goodness packed in there: sweet berries, peppery arugula, tangy balsamic, and salty feta. Plus it's ready to enjoy in just 30 minutes!
There's no need to heat up the entire home by turning on the oven for this satisfying salad. Perfect for summer, the steak is quickly cooked on the stove and then paired with light and fresh berries and peppery arugula. Balsamic vinaigrette adds bite to balance the sweet and savory flavors, creating a complex and delicious dinner in just one salad bowl!
Reasons to love this strawberry steak salad
- uses light, seasonal produce - perfect for summer
- it is an absolute flavor bomb of sweet, savory, and salty deliciousness
- ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes
Wondering how this steak salad comes together? Watch this 1-minute video to see how easy it is to prep! You can find more recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Don't forget to pin this post and save it for later!
Let's talk ingredients!
Here's what you need for this recipe:
- steak - use your favorite cut! Beef tenderloin is pictured, but I've also made this with sirloin tip in the past.
- greens - I love the peppery flavor that the arugula brings, but spinach or kale would also work well.
- berries- raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries are pictured, but use whatever is cheap and in season
- feta cheese - for that perfect hint bit of saltiness
- slivered almonds - adds a terrific crunchy texture to the salad
- balsamic vinaigrette - balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sugar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper pair perfectly with the sweet berries and salty feta
Tips for cooking the perfect steak
This strawberry steak salad is great for a quick dinner that requires little prep time! Here are some tips for getting the perfect cook on your steak:
- Pan- when it comes to cooking steak, a cast iron skillet is where it's at. A grill will also work.
- Steak prep - bring the steak to room temperature, and get your cast iron skillet to a high heat (oil nearly smoking) before adding the steak
- Doneness- a digital thermometer is the best way to make sure the steak has reached the proper temperature; you want between 130-135 °F for medium rare
- Resting- after cooking, be sure to allow your steak to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing into it in order to have the juiciest steak possible
- Meal Prep- leftovers of this salad do not keep well for meal prepping, but you can make the vinaigrette up to one week in advance and keep in an airtight container in the fridge
Find my favorite kitchen tools in my shop!
What goes well with strawberry steak salad?
I recommend enjoying with garlic bread, crispy grilled potatoes, or sweet potato fries.
Can I cook the steak on a grill?
Absolutely - this steak salad recipe is perfect for making on the barbecue in the spring and summer!
Use a high heat (500°F) and cook the steak 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on desired temperature.
Looking for more salads?
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Kale, Barley, and Feta Salad
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Sweet Potato and Wild Rice Salad with Chili Lime Vinaigrette
- Chopped Chickpea Salad
- Cobb Salad
- 4 steaks of your choice (Beef tenderloin pictured)
- steak seasoning (Montreal Steak Spice was used in the photos)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cups arugula
- 6 oz raspberries (1 cup)
- 6 oz blueberries (1 cup)
- 1 cup strawberries (sliced)
- ½ cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Season steak and allow to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium high heat. Wait until the oil is very hot, it will be shimmering.
- Add the steak to the pan, do not touch it. Cook for 5 minutes, flip, and cook for another 3 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 130-135°F (for medium rare).
- Transfer the steak to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into strips.
- While the steak rests, combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shake together all vinaigrette ingredients in a small shaker, then pour over the salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Divide the salad into 4 bowls, and top with steak.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.