Low carb cauliflower pizza muffins are a sinfully cheesy snack that is going to make you feel like you are treating yo-self! Only 3 g net carbs per muffin.
Friendsssss! It’s snack time!
Even though I’m not on a low carb diet, I know many of you are. And I always tend to reach for the sweet snacks, so it’s good to mix things up with a healthy savory snack once in awhile.
Enter these low carb cauliflower pizza muffins. Packed with sneaky veggies, and made with almond flour to keep the carb count low.
And these muffins keep really well, making this the perfect low carb meal prep snack!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save it for later!
How to make low carb pizza muffins
The base of these muffins is riced cauliflower…as we all know cauliflower + pizza is a match made in heaven, and they go so well together in these muffins too!
To the (raw) cauliflower rice we add
- basil & oregano for that pizza flay-vah
- eggs to bind everything together
- almond flour to compensate for the moisture that the cauliflower releases
- baking powder to make things fluffy
- pizza sauce, pepperoni and a bit more cheese on top!
What kind of muffin liners can I use? I tested with both silicone and parchment liners and much preferred the parchment liners. I suspect these will stick to traditional paper liners.
How long do these low carb cauliflower pizza muffins last? They are good in the fridge for 3-4 days. They are freezer-friendly for longer term storage (1-2 months)
Can I use a different flour? These muffins have only been tested as written (with almond flour). I suspect they’d work well with all purpose flour but haven’t tested yet.
Tips for perfect low carb pizza muffins
- I suggest either silicone or parchment muffin liners (I don’t know if paper liners will work)
- I suggest using a large measuring cup to make pouring batter into the muffin trays super easy
- and a storage container such as this one for fridge storage or a gallon freezer bag for freezing
- Looking for more low carb meal prep recipes? Try these Lasagna Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, these Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins, or check out this round up with more than 26 Low Carb Recipes Perfect for Meal Prep
Low carb cauliflower pizza muffins are a sinfully cheesy snack that is going to make you feel like you are treating yo-self!
- 3 cups riced cauliflower (320 g)
- 3 large eggs (164 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (78 g; mozzarella or cheddar)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (68 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 teaspoons pizza sauce
- 3-4 pepperoni sticks (sliced)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese for tops